Interview W/ Sharron Angle on the 2nd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview W/ Sharron Angle on the 2nd.

I wonder why the NRA is stuck on Reid when Angle apparently matches him on the 2nd.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...-owner-support
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Re: Interview W/ Sharron Angle on the 2nd.

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
    I wonder why the NRA is stuck on Reid when Angle apparently matches him on the 2nd.

I think it is because they have given up on replacing him with a conservative. They fear that he would turn on them if they do not support him. In other words, reid has the NRA in his back pocket! Also, they are affraid that if he is defeated, but we do not gain control of the senate, another liberal who is less supportive of the 2nd amendment could be selected at senate majority leader.

What they don't understand is that reid couldn't care less about the 2nd amendment. All he cares about is the votes it will get him from gun owners. If at any point he should determine it is in his personal self interest, he'll abandon the 2nd amendent without a second thought regardless of NRA support or not!
    Last edited by mitchr; 08-28-2010, 09:27 AM.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

the sad part is ANY politician can turn around at ANY time on whatever issue they want to...they do not care what WE THE PEOPLE want....
      A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

The NRA announced Friday it will NOT endorse Harry Reid.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41538.html

"NRA Chairman Chris Cox cited Reid’s votes in favor of confirming Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor as pivotal to the group’s decision."
        Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

Originally posted by Txlaw1 View Post
          The NRA announced Friday it will NOT endorse Harry Reid.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0810/41538.html

"NRA Chairman Chris Cox cited Reid’s votes in favor of confirming Supreme Court Justices Elena Kagan and Sonia Sotomayor as pivotal to the group’s decision."
          Has the NRA found their B*lls or do they see which way the winds are blowing?
          Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

They see which way the money is flowing and its moving away from them and the buddy reid.

Money and members are very important to NRA and either way in this election they will maintain their position in senate. Reid understands this . its all part of the game.
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

That is good to hear. Almost take back all the bad things I've said about them. I say "almost" because I'm still a little suspicious of them since it should have been a 'no brainer' from the very start. Also, this isn't going to stop reid from referring to past friendship in his campaign & even outright lying about a relationship with the NRA. What they really need to do now is to come out especially strong for Ms. Angle.

And, yes, I agree that their decision may have been due to the negative emails & phone calls from upset members. At least, I like to think that they still listen to their members.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                What they really need to do now is to come out especially strong for Ms. Angle.
                Whatcha bet the NRA doesn't support Angle? Just in case Reid wins.
                Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

Originally posted by Txlaw1 View Post
                  Whatcha bet the NRA doesn't support Angle? Just in case Reid wins.
                  I have a hard time supporting anyone who tries to play both ends toward the middle. Right or wrong have the guts to make a decision and stand by it. I can respect that even if I disagree with that decision.
                  Where are we going and why am I in this handbasket?

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by SC Dave View Post
                    I have a hard time supporting anyone who tries to play both ends toward the middle. Right or wrong have the guts to make a decision and stand by it. I can respect that even if I disagree with that decision.
                    Just as I suspected, the NRA will NOT endorse Angle.
                    http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...e-either/62193

Comment

No doubt they caught tons of flak from members. Go here and read both articles, just an attempt to CYA on their part. http://www.nrapvf.org/
                      "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." Will Rogers
                      "Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post

I'm not sure, but I'll bet the money trail would not be to hard to follow. I'm sure reid is easier to buy right now, he's desprate and he sure doesn't have any morals! Don't know that much about Angle though.
                        The 2nd Amendment is my license to carry

Comment

All voters can do with ANY politician is check out their voting record, if they have one. If a newbie, it's tough because all politicians will lie if they think it serves them.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by ekim View Post
                            I'm not sure, but I'll bet the money trail would not be to hard to follow. I'm sure reid is easier to buy right now, he's desprate and he sure doesn't have any morals! Don't know that much about Angle though.
                            Angle has morals, and can't be bought. But she doesn't seem to be able to generate enough support needed for a strong majority over Harry.

Part of the problem is Harry's war chest, spending about 10 times the amount that Angle is for ads.

The other is that Angle doesn't know how to articulate her platform properly. Not only is she considered a little bit 'too conservative' by many people, but she says things in a way that leaves her open for criticism from the leftist attack dogs. The 'scare tactics' in Harry's ads seem to be working, at least here in Vegas, which unfortunately is the largest voting bloc in Nevada.

And ignorant people typically vote for the incumbent.

Angle has more support in the rural areas, which is almost all the rest of Nevada. Las Vegas is made up of California escapees who want to remake Nevada in CA's image, and unions who just love the Dems, no matter what damage the are doing to our country.
                            Last edited by Tophog; 08-29-2010, 09:58 AM.
                            God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tophog View Post
                              Angle has morals, and can't be bought. But she doesn't seem to be able to generate enough support needed for a strong majority over Harry.

Part of the problem is Harry's war chest, spending about 10 times the amount that Angle is for ads.

The other is that Angle doesn't know how to articulate her platform properly. Not only is she considered a little bit 'too conservative' by many people, but she says things in a way that leaves her open for criticism from the leftist attack dogs. The 'scare tactics' in Harry's ads seem to be working, at least here in Vegas, which unfortunately is the largest voting bloc in Nevada.

And ignorant people typically vote for the incumbent.

Angle has more support in the rural areas, which is almost all the rest of Nevada. Las Vegas is made up of California escapees who want to remake Nevada in CA's image, and unions who just love the Dems, no matter what damage the are doing to our country.
                              That is exactly why I'm not holding my breath on the voters in Nov.
                              The 2nd Amendment is my license to carry

Comment

Working...
                              X