Tanks a bunch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanks a bunch

For all you Marines, what are you going to do on the beach when the enemy sends in their tanks now that yours have been taken away? Do you still have Bradley's?
    Certified Armed Infidel

The days of Marines hitting the beach are mostly in the past. The Marines today come in from the air.
    What news story are you referring to about the Marines losing tanks? Post a link.
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I get weekly newsletters from Military.com. I thought it was a vet thing since I didn't ask for it.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...=dod_200724.nl

Marine Corps Begins Shutdown of All Tank Battalions

"The changes are part of an aggressive plan the Marine Corps' top general set in place earlier this year called Force Design 2030. The plan, leaders say, will set Marines up for future fights, defending ships while at sea and operating in hotly contested spots near the shore.

To be ready for those missions, Commandant Gen. David Berger said the Marine Corps must get smaller to get better. That includes cutting all tank battalions and getting rid of the vehicles."

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I guess if'n they get in a situation which calls for tanks, they can always call on the Army for help. Seems the Army's always havin' to pull the Marines' back sides outta the fire.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          I guess if'n they get in a situation which calls for tanks, they can always call on the Army for help. Seems the Army's always havin' to pull the Marines' back sides outta the fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post

I got a good hidin' place, behind Marty!!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
              Info noted...

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Shucks, the Marines just go where the Navy takes 'em......
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

I respect each branch of the service, they are all good for the job they are there for.

I still need to figure out the Space Force. Is a computer their basic training? Too much is kept from us on this branch.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                    I respect each branch of the service, they are all good for the job they are there for.

I still need to figure out the Space Force. Is a computer their basic training? Too much is kept from us on this branch.

Ya'll hafta ask captain Kirk!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Just happened to think, reckon I'm covered on 4 branches! I am Army, between Korea & Vietnam. My dad was Navy in WWII, although he didn't see combat. His younger brother was Marine, served in the Pacific & received a Purple Heart, 2 of his other brothers served, Navy & Air Force during Korea. One of his sisters married a career Airman who would have caught both WWII & Korea. Then I had 3 Filipino cousins that served in the Navy, but not sure about time. I don't know anything about them, met them only one time when I was really young, so it could have been during WWII or shortly after.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I've got them all covered too. My dad was Army in World War II. I was Air Force with a desire for astronaut training. My older brother was career Navy - 3 months shy of 20 years. My older cousin was Marines with 3 tours in Vietnam and his brother who is my age was Army with 3 tours there. So I guess mine desire was the closest to Space Force. I remember the First Classmen at the Academy hurrying through dinner on Friday nights so they could go watch star Trek - they got to leave the mess hall early.
                        I forgot to add my son's brother-in-law was in the Coast Guard - that's how I got them all.
                        Last edited by groberts; 07-29-2020, 06:48 AM.
                        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                        X