• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bloomberg's at it AGAIN (still)

N.Y.C. Mayor Michael Bloomberg's anti-gun group launches ads

By The Associated Press

April 20, 2010, 10:59AM

APNew York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg NEW YORK -- Mayor Michael Bloomberg's national anti-gun group is using the anniversary of the Columbine shooting to launch a campaign to close the gun show loophole.
    Mayors Against Illegal Guns began running television ads today on CNN, MSNBC, Fox News and in local markets in five states.
    The local ads appeal to specific U.S. senators who could be key in passing legislation. It would halt the practice of permitting unlicensed dealers to sell weapons at gun shows without conducting background checks.
    Those senators are Mark Udall in Colorado, Olympia Snowe and Susan Collins in Maine, Scott Brown in Massachusetts, George Voinovich in Ohio, and Jim Webb and Mark Warner in Virginia.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Re: bloomberg's at it AGAIN (still)

Last week I sold a gun in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel.........would that be a "Cracker Barrel" Loophole?
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Comment

There's just too many gangsters getting their guns the legal way. The only way to stop it is to make it illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
        Last week I sold a gun in the parking lot of a Cracker Barrel.........would that be a "Cracker Barrel" Loophole?
        that depends, was it NY
        A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

It will be interesting to find out if Scott rown is another rhino. We already know that olympia snowe will sell her vote for a cup of mcdonalds coffee. Are the others republicans?
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

it doesn't matter if their republicans, democrats or independants. as long as they uphold the Constitution of the United States of America !!

Comment

Originally posted by clag39 View Post
              that depends, was it NY
              I don't think they have Cracker Barrel's in Nu Yaurk Cidie

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
              Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Rollin Thunder View Post
                I don't think they have Cracker Barrel's in Nu Yaurk Cidie
                Actually they do :)
                Well not sure about the city but out here in the sticks...............
                jr

Comment

Scott Bown is another rhino.
                  he has said he will not always vote party line He ducked the Tea Party yet their the one who really put him in office. With their support. he best quit walking the middle and pick a side
                  Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Gotta agree with MT on this one.
                    Brown is also wishy-washy about illegal immigration.
                    Starting to look like a RINO.

Comment

I've always been offended by the name "Cracker Barrel" I think we need to file a lawsuit and make them change it to "Caucasian Barrel" with the possibility of accepting "White-American Barrel"

Comment

Something I sent to Memphis Mayor A.C. Wharton Jr. last year when he won the special election. He was previously our County mayor. I still haven't heard back from him.

Dear Mr. Wharton,

I would like to know if and why you still subscribe to the Bloomberg's coalition “Mayors Against Illegal Guns” and what you believe it's agenda is. Can you please provide me an answer?
                        I wish you good luck with Memphis and sincerely hope you can turn Memphis around.

Kind regards,

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance39 View Post
                          Gotta agree with MT on this one.
                          Brown is also wishy-washy about illegal immigration.
                          Starting to look like a RINO.
                          Geeze Louise Lance, he's a Mass. Republican, that's kind of an oxy moron itself. A Mass. Republican is less conservative than a southern Democrat.

Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                          X