My new target stand

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new target stand

Took the target stand out again today. I haven't had a chance to cut new holes so I didn't use the tie plate. Instead I dug an old skillet out of the back of the cupboard. It's one that we never use so we won't miss it. The only problem is with the long handle it hung down too low. If I hung it on the top rail it was right in front of the bottom rail. Hung from the bottom rail it rested on the ground, but was held up enough to work. I think I will build another stand with only a top rail and that made out of a 2x4. That stand will be for steel and this one for clay pigeons.

We didn't stay out long, but had a good time. If you hit the skillet just right you could make it flip all the way around over the top. Here is a photo of the wife having at it with her BT.380

What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

Looks like Antarctica. Sure you guys are not stuck on that "global warming" research ship? :)

Bersa Thunder .380, xD9sc, RIA 1911 .45 MS, Browning Hipower 9mm, Rossi .32 S&WL revolver - Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Load, Shoot, Clean, Repeat...

Comment

Originally posted by drband View Post
        Looks like Antarctica. Sure you guys are not stuck on that "global warming" research ship? :)
        Ha that's a good one. Actually for Wyoming in January it was pretty nice, only a couple of inches of snow on the ground and temps in the lower 30's. It was however cold enough that the wife was shooting with gloves on. She was still shooting pretty good even with the gloves on. Wearing gloves has always messed up my shooting. Maybe I should practice more with them on. After all I wear them about six months out of the year.
        What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

That's an awesome set up! Makes me wanna go and build one! Think I will.., thanks for taking the time to share and post!
          "If there is a demand for people in poverty, poverty will rise and meet the demand" . (Milton Friedman)

Comment

Very nice Gyrkin! I'm going to build something very similar for use when I go shoot at the land where I hunt! (after hunting season of course).
            WAR EAGLE!

USAF Retired
            NRA Life Member sigpic
            NRA Range Safety Officer
            IDPA Member/Competitor

www.bslbullet.com

Comment

I'm glad you like it. It was really quite easy to build. Took me less than an hour, and that included designing it. I could probably slap together a second one in under half an hour. We have used it four of five times now, and the 2x2's are getting pretty chewed up. The last time we were out we put over 500 rounds downrange. It's holding up better than I expected, considering how many hits it's taken. The end pieces will probably never need to be replaced, but after a few more outings the 2x2's will. That's OK, 2x2's are pretty cheep.

Comment

Working...
              X