Anyone carry IWB 1911?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone carry IWB 1911?

Was thinking of making a two clip version of Mojo. Just didn't know if anyone actually would attempt or has carried IWB wit a 1911. Kinda big I think just wanted to run it by my friends here at BC. Thanks everyone.
    Bersa thunder 380 plus
    Bersa BP9CC
    Bersa thunder 380
    Berreta 96D
    Taurus TCP

Re: Anyone carry IWB 1911?

I carry my Springfield 1911A1 IWB about 3/4 of the time.While it is a decent sized gun,its narrow enough to not be a big deal.
    Been using a Gould 810 195 leather holster.

Comment

i have inside and outside holsters for 1911
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I have, and lots do. I am strictly OWB and pocket now though.
        "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I was thinking that it is slim enough to carry IWB but didn't know if anyone would like the long barrel IWB. I don't think I would ever carry anything IWB bigger than the 9 UC pro. Goes to show you that different strokes for different folks isn't just a saying. Those that carry do you prefer snaps or clips?
          Bersa thunder 380 plus
          Bersa BP9CC
          Bersa thunder 380
          Berreta 96D
          Taurus TCP

Comment

A commander size barrel is only 1" longer than the UC9 & shouldn't be a problem & being thinner, actually easier. Also, if a light weight, it'll weigh about the same as the UC9.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Looks like I will have to work on a pattern for it. Hopefully I will be getting a 1911 soon. If I can decide what to get.
              Bersa thunder 380 plus
              Bersa BP9CC
              Bersa thunder 380
              Berreta 96D
              Taurus TCP

Comment

I'll take clips over snaps any day.For some reason,I have trouble keeping snaps snapped.

Comment

I have carried Gov and Commanders IWB and I will tell you that the great think about my Crossbreed Supertuck is that it is open at the bottom so I only need one holster for both sizes. Something for you to consider...
                  "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
                  - Sigmund Freud

Comment

Originally posted by The Box View Post
                    I have carried Gov and Commanders IWB and I will tell you that the great think about my Crossbreed Supertuck is that it is open at the bottom so I only need one holster for both sizes. Something for you to consider...
                    Yep, all my holsters are open bottom. And the 1911 I make for the 4" model so the full sized can also be carried in the same holster. At least I have something to do tonight.
                    Bersa thunder 380 plus
                    Bersa BP9CC
                    Bersa thunder 380
                    Berreta 96D
                    Taurus TCP

Comment

Originally posted by Yote View Post
                      I'll take clips over snaps any day.For some reason,I have trouble keeping snaps snapped.
                      I am exactly opposite. Good directional snaps stay put.
                      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

i carry my ria compact but regrettably closed bottom so have not yet carried my commander.....i believe kholster is located here in st louis so i could take em both by have em make one fits both...also wanna get one for my bdm.... i prefer clips as can be removed more easily
                        Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

I like clips myself. But the only time I cc is when I need to run out fast after work. Just grab the PF9 in my mojo and go. Snaps would only slow me down and in that case I would just get the gun belt and OWB holster with my 24/7.
                          Bersa thunder 380 plus
                          Bersa BP9CC
                          Bersa thunder 380
                          Berreta 96D
                          Taurus TCP

Comment

I carry a 1911 IWB sometimes. I have an old Summer Special leather holster, as well as a Kydex holster from Blade-Tech, both purchased way back in the day. (it's true that eventually you end up with a cardboard box full of holsters. I have a cardboard box, a "milk crate" storage crate, and a dresser drawer full, myself.)

Biggest issue with a 1911 either IWB or OWB is the weight of the pistol. You're always hiking your jeans up! That's why I carry my Bersa FireStorm .380 most of the time now.

Also, regarding mag pouches - it seems that most mag pouches don't carry the magazine low enough, especially IWB. Those .45 ACP cartridges are heavy, and if the mag pouch positions the mag too high it will sometimes "upset" and dump the magazine out on the ground. Kind of a giveaway that you're carrying, if you know what I mean.

Comment

Yes, I carry my Kimber Pro Carry II IWB with a Crossbreed Supertuck. Quite often almost forget that it's there. Don't know if the single clip Mojo would work given the weight.

Still haven't found a mag pouch solution I like. Has anyone tried mags kept horizontal -- parallel to the belt?
                              Last edited by woodsong; 07-11-2011, 10:38 PM.
                              http://www.findgunsites.com

Comment

Working...
                              X