Thunder 22 / 383-A holster fits?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder 22 / 383-A holster fits?

So I thought the fobus paddle the 383 usually resides in would fit the new Thunder 22 but no luck. Loose and not nearly the retension on the 22 compared to the 380.

Looking at leather now, something high and out side the belt for normal open carry and some sort of cross draw for under the insulated coveralls. Not likeing the fabric horizontal shoulder jobs I see, I prefer a vertical chest or just to one side for under the coveralls /rain gear.
    Any ideas......

Re: Thunder 22 / 383-A holster fits?

Is the 383 & currant Thunder .380 that different? I guess maybe the trigger guard? I don't have the Thunder .22, but they've been saying it is the same as the Thunder .380. If it is, this guy can help you. He's a member here & does good work.

www.luvthegunholsters.com
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I thought the only difference was the grip thickness at first myself.

On the 383-A, the slide stop is pivoted from the trigger pivot pin. The stop bar curves up and back over the mag release. On the Thunder 22, the slide stop has it's own pivot pin above the mag release button.

The extra width the bar creates in this area accounts for the looseness when the 22 is inserted.

No tension screw by the trigger guard on this Fobus, or it could probably be tightened up to work.

Comment

Luvthegun makes a holster for the Thunder .380 & from what I've read, it will fit your Thunder .22, but I don't know about a shoulder holster.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

condorsflight .com should have shoulder holster the 22 as we understand use same as 380

http://condorsflight.com its owned by head of Eagle. So they will treat you right.
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Working...
          X