Level 2 Retention for Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Level 2 Retention for Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm

Hi there, I've about given up on finding a true level 2 holster for my Bersa I'd like to use at work. (And save my fancier guns for the range.) I've found plenty of thumb break/strap holsters which I normally love for day to day carry. But work is being a stickler for a true level 2 holster. (I've heard differing definitions but basically the button/snap/lever locked in deal on top of any other straps etc.

Ran through stickies and first pages of posts, didn't see anything under the Thunder 9/general/holster sections. Perhaps someone could help me out with someone that makes a level 2 Bersa Thunder Pro 9 holster?

I may be able to force the issue and just make do with a standard thumb break strap holster. In which case I assume Galco has a nice leather belt holster of some kind?

Re: Level 2 Retention for Bersa Thunder Pro 9mm

Welcome to Bersa Chat Sludig. Condors Flight has holsters for Bersas with the thumb strap. I bought the Galco "Three Slot Cop" holster & it is good quality. I found that it had decent retension without the strap, so cut it off because, unlike you, I wasn't required to have it & it kinda got in the way.

If you do a search, you may find references to holsters made for glocks that fit the Bersa & using that info, find one like you are looking for.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thanks, I did see the links for condors and browsed those a bit.

My fear for the level 2's and such is that with the bits that snap and lockdown have to be so specific, that non designed for models just won't work. Think someplace saw a glock 30 mentioned as being similiar?

Any thoughts on what guns have the most similiar profile/trigger guard. In person had a brief conversation in which some of the sigs were suggested. Luckily I have a LGS that I think will let me bring it in and start shoving it into their level 2's in stock.

Comment

That may be your best bet. As you say, retension controls on a holster that merely "fits" & isn't made specifically for your pistol, may not work.

There was a video recently about a guy practicing his draw with a Kimber in a glock holster & it resulted in him shooting himself!
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

check out holsters for the glock 17/22. I got the one from Condors Flight and love it. Its good and solid and the snap holds it nice and tight in there with no complaints at all. If you have any questions about it and i can help feel free to PM me.

Comment

Working...
          X