IWB holster,what do you like?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IWB holster,what do you like?

I need some help picking a holster for a compact 45 (glock 36) I am thinking IWB strong side what do you think would be the most comfortable for all day wear ?
    I wear jeans all the time I build homes and do dirt work so I am on and off tractors and in and out of homes under constuction.
    I am 5'11" weigh 200 lbs should weigh 160 most of my chest has dropped down to a comfortable position over my belt And it ain't gonna get any better.
    What holster do you think I should try?:
    Thanks Mark
    Oops....I should have put this in holsters
    Last edited by Onelight; 03-29-2012, 09:01 AM.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Re: IWB holster,what do you like?

Originally posted by Onelight View Post
    what do you think would be the most comfortable for all day wear
    OWB

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

OWB +1. I really really thought I needed IWB when I first started carrying. Go OWB and you never go back.
      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

For that gun a OWB to be honest. The only gun that I can carry all day everyday is my pf9. I do construction and remodeling. I want iwb because I paint quite a bit and do not need a painted gun :) PF9 with the clip attachment and you will be happy. Or p3at if you want slightly smaller with clip. I carry 16 hours a day and often forget it is there. I LOVE IT!

Sorry. I also forgot to add when I carried my BT380 and CC IWB I used an Uncle Mikes #1 I believe. I customized it a little to have it sit lower on my belt line. I am 6'3 250 :) big boy and I carried it everyday. I did know it was there all the time but I got used to it.
        "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

OWB > IWB, generally speaking. If you can or are comfortable with open carry, do so. If you must go IWB, I would recommend the Comp-Tac MTAC. I use one to carry a G17 during the colder months of the year. It could get a little warm in your OKC summers though!

Comment

(glock 36)
            Ditch that get something thinner and smaller . Perfect work gun IWB be a BersaCC. My self I would go with a pocket pistol Like a KelTec P3AT in a nice pocket holster. Its out of the way at work ,lite enough you won't notice weight. and will still work.
            No one pistol perfect for every carry. I have different guns for different ways I dress . from 25auto up to 45 auto. But at work would always be small and pocket.
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I'm up down sit some stand a lot.. I bend over a lot (show time for the crew).. Even down on the ground some.. I have tried several different combo's over the years. Kel-Tec P3AT in back pocket with a DeSantos Pocket holster works very well for me. Thats at work all day.. Now if I'm going to a Bar-be-que then its my 1911 OWB...

Comment

Well, I don't have to crawl around on the floor, beggin' from FXW like Mason does , but I don't see how any really active person, as you must be, can carry IWB comfortably. I vote OWB also, with pocket carry being second choice.
                Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I carry all day everyday with an UBG Striker housing a 45UC. I work as a mechanic doing various tasks and positions, in and out of cars and even use a tractor with it on. Tractor straightened out a clip I believe on the metal seat, but other than that I find it quite comfortable. If you can do OWB I believe that would be even better, but find IWB protects the holster and firearm better when brushing against things like steel tables, buggies etc.
                  Certified Armed Infidel .
                  WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
                  45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

I have a paddle holster but it carries the gun so low I have to wear a long vest or coat to cover it.We can't do open carry in okie land. I also have a p3at and a front pocket holster that is comfortable.
                    We have had several burglaries at homes we have built so I have the habit of going by any time I am out and I feel more better with the 45 than the p3at at those times.I like the little keltec for when I don't think there is any chance of trouble.The paddle holster is so easy to put on I may use it at night with a vest in summer.
                    I like small guns they are so handy to carry BUT they are not my first choice when checking in the dark to make sure no one is steeling stuff. I had a situation once with some big guys and all I had was a north American arms mini 22mag.
                    It felt kinda like a dream where you wake up nekid in church.It worked out and they never new how small my gun was but it made me take my gun choice more serious.
                    How bout a fanny pack for tactoring.any one tried those?
                    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Okay, I will definitely recommend the Striker IWB for you then. Less chance of a unlawful flash and very comfy. That is if he makes them for your firearm...and I am sure he does. www.ubgholsters.com by the way BTW, many are fond of luvthegun holsters also. I plan on adding one of his at some point.
                      Certified Armed Infidel .
                      WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
                      45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

Thanks guys I will look up the UBG striker and the Comp tac MTAC

Comment

We can't do open carry in okie land.
                          You can help do something about that http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...sses-the-House

Bronson
                          Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Thanks guys I will look up the UBG striker and the Comp tac MTAC
                            Can I quote myself ? Here is a Link to comp tac ,this and the striker both look really nice and I may wind up with one of them. But the more I think about it the tractor is so hot sweaty and dirty in the summer I don't think any open holster is a good choice.http://www.comp-tac.com/index.php?os...p526ptlpe7up05

Comment

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
                              You can help do something about that http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...sses-the-House

Bronson
                              Ain't that something ,I live here and find out about it from Battle Creek,Mi thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X