Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I may have gone off the reservation with the Sticky Holster.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may have gone off the reservation with the Sticky Holster.

http://www.stickyholsters.com/ssholsters.php

Ok, not for me but for my girfriend. She refuses to wear a belt so anything that attaches to the belt or uses the belt as the foundation for the holster is out as is any gun that weighs anything. Which is why she uses a Kel-Tec P-32 but she also doesn't like the side clip on it so we've been limited to pocket holsters. I don't know if you've ever noticed but the pockets on women's pants suck. They are about a 1/4" deep and mostly useless for carrying anything larger than a Chapstick....not to mention skirts that have no pockets.

Due to all of that she often doesn't carry because she won't change her style of dress. Hopefully this new holster will help. I picked it up on the way back from the range today (a bunch more flawless rounds through the BP9 by the way) and I'm wearing it right now to kind of test it out. Earlier she tried it on and we were both surprised how well it stayed in place and she liked how comfortable it was. I have to concur that it's comfy but I think I'll stick with my traditional OWB holsters on the belt but if this will help her carry more I'm all for it.

Especially since Forbes magazine just rated our little town as #9 out of ten most dangerous cities for women across the ENTIRE FREAKIN' NATION with us coming in 4th for rapes. MI also have the distinction of being the only state with three cities on the list: Saginaw, Flint, and Battle Creek. Ain't that just dandy.

http://www.woodtv.com/dpp/news/local...rous-for-women

Bronson
    Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Re: I may have gone off the reservation with the Sticky Holster.

Wow. I had no idea that Michigan was so dangerous for women. It makes it more important for girls to carry guns. Sigh.

Comment

My mom carries every day. She hates MI. Let us know how she likes the sticky holster after she wears it a bit. I am looking for something for my wife.
      "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

I have a Sticky holster and I like it. This, coming from a leather holster guy.
        I believe they really could open up the options, for women who carry.
        Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
        Ayn Rand

Comment

I have a Sticky Holster for just about every gun in the safe mainly to serve as what I call house slipper to protect the gun's finish from getting buggered up while out of the safe but still in the house and to protect the furniture from bumps and dings from the gun itself to that end they work very well and as stated by Bronson they really do "stick" to the inside of the waist band and don't move around at all.
          sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

Coulda used one for my TCP when I went outside yesterday to investigate what I thought were gunshots. Turns out a neighbor was popping some old firecrackers. Without a belt those clip on holsters don't stay in place too well.
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Not changing a person's mode of dress can severely limit the options. Hopefully you've found something that will work. Marty has been thinking about getting her CHL & that sounds like a solution for her also.

I'm wondering if it'll work with underwear. After my shower at night, if I don't go directly to bed, I only wear my undies & a robe. Have to carry my pistol in my hand & if I lay it down, sometimes walk off & leave it.
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                I'm wondering if it'll work with underwear. After my shower at night, if I don't go directly to bed, I only wear my undies & a robe. Have to carry my pistol in my hand & if I lay it down, sometimes walk off & leave it.
                You walking outside in your bathrobe sounds like a good deterrent to me.
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                  Not changing a person's mode of dress can severely limit the options. Hopefully you've found something that will work. Marty has been thinking about getting her CHL & that sounds like a solution for her also.

I don't think they would work well with underware or loose fitting sweat pants etc.
                  sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

I personally skip the underwear at home and go for a robe. The UBG clips nicely to the tie as long as I tie it tight enough. I figure a flash would do more damage than any firearm could!
                    Certified Armed Infidel .
                    WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
                    45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

I was wearing it around with pajama pants last night with no problem. Of course it was a Kel-Tec P32 so it doesn't weigh anything. I've also been known to drop the little gun in the pocket of my robe. They sure are handy little buggers.

Bronson
                      Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

Looks very similar to the Remora holsters. I have the model 7 one for T380 .

This Ninja dude's video did it for me:
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei0CzP1y5hk
                        Bersa Thunder .380, Academy model.

Give the Gift of Life.
                        Register to become and organ,tissue, and eye donor:
                        http://www.organdonor.gov/

Comment

Originally posted by Bronson View Post
                          I was wearing it around with pajama pants last night with no problem. Of course it was a Kel-Tec P32 so it doesn't weigh anything. I've also been known to drop the little gun in the pocket of my robe. They sure are handy little buggers.

Bronson

I don't have anything that light, so guess it's not an option for me.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
                            You walking outside in your bathrobe sounds like a good deterrent to me.
                            That ain't gonna happen. That's strictly inside mode of dress. Don't wanna drive the neighbors into hysterics & loose their breath from laughing so hard.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I have used a Remora as well and it has worked sufficiently in a pinch with gym shorts or sweatpants.
                              I have threatened to go out into the front yard sans pants many times but my wife won't allow it. We really need to move to a large acreage in the country...

Comment

Working...
                              X