REVIEW: N82 Tactical Pro Holster + 19 + 27 month updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: REVIEW: N82 Tactical Pro Holster + 19 month update

19 month update, after daily carry in the hot Florida humidity.

Retention 80%, remember this has the strongest retention of any holster of its type.

You can see in the photo the XDs has imprinted it's image on the outer leather.

The neoprene center layer has done it's job keeping moisture from getting to the gun.

The soft leather aginst my skin is still soft.

All hardware holding up great.

I'll still give it the highest rating of any holster I have ever tried, and that is a drawer full as they say.

No noticeable slide wear, that one I was worried about....No more.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the update RC. I have looking at the N82 a couple of times but never bought one. When I started CC I chose mostly IWB holsters. Now I am usually using OWB holsters. My usual EDC is a Blackhawk Leather with a thumb break. I like it. It is comfortable and if I choose to take off my cover garment then it has retention.

Comment

27 months WOW, I need not tell the story of the most comfortable IWB holster made, it's all in this thread.

The absolute best investment I've ever made in a holster.

Sadly the Pro model is still not available for Bersa. I don't recommend any model except the N82 Pro.
        sigpic

Comment

Re: REVIEW: N82 Tactical Pro Holster + 19 + 27 month updates

I use the N82 original and have had no problems with retention. Your belt provides most of the retention. The original comes in many configurations including ones designed for slim width pistols. Absolutely the most comfortable single clip holster I have tried, especially in hot weather.
          May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. ~ Dwight Eisenhower

Comment

Your original is passive retention. Some one behind you or in a fight can remove your pistol. The pro locks the gun into the holster. Also placing the gun into the holster is simple because of no elastic. It just goes right in, no looking down required.

The pro when taking a dump doesn't fall out when you open your gun belt. No embarrassed Walmart moments.

But the sad thing, like I said they don't make the tactical Pro for Bersa pistols.

Yes, I agree the original is still a waterproof, Super comfortable holster.
            sigpic

Comment

How about a 27 month review on the XDs?

You are very correct on the retention of the Pro model, & is great for your daily carry.

The "original", is nice, however, with respect to the fact they will fit various handguns of similar type/size. E.g. the small revolver one will work with most all small revolvers.

Thanks for the very good review & updates!!!
              1) Never point (aim) a firearm at anything you do not plan to KILL !
              2) The only safe firearm is one with action open !

Comment

Originally posted by bcrtops View Post
                How about a 27 month review on the XDs?

very good review & updates!!!
                The XD's is still my EDC, it's basically similar to Glock with the grip safety. No G-Leg, I keep my hand well of the grip when re-holstering. Shoots everything I feed it.
                I like the single stack, and utilized the thinner back strap option. From a normal grip my index finger requires no forward movement to clear the trigger.

It is what it is, a short range, concealed carry firearm. I don't do any trigger work to these type guns, I keep the factory 5-6 lb pull.

What you cookin in that Kamado this week? I just made some pork loin Canadian bacon.
                sigpic

Comment

I would definitely upgrade to the N82 Pro for exactly the reasons you mentioned if they made one to fit my gun. I understand the new Pro models have a better belt clip attachment that helps the cant adjustment screw stay tight.
                  May we never confuse honest dissent with disloyal subversion. ~ Dwight Eisenhower

Comment

Had an N-82 Pro for an SR9c I had, but sold it with the gun. I have switched to using only Remora holsters with the guns I have now.

Comment

I used superglue and permimatly locked the clip when I got the holster new.

The cant is nothing but positioning the holster prior to tightening the belt. It stays all day in that position.

I only use a 20 cant, everyone has a best degree angle for their holsters.

I never liked the FBI guidelines for any of my holsters.
                      sigpic

Comment

Re: REVIEW: N82 Tactical Pro Holster

RC:
                        Thanks for the reply to my comment -- my SIL "loves" his XD's & the "s" is his daily carry.

Kamado cooks: Just did a very large fresh Columbia River Salmon smoke/cook for a friend, that we keep enough for supper last night. Not a true smoke, as not brined, etc. Just cooked in a LOT of smoke. Also, have cooked a large loaf of artisan bread to avoid heating up the house -- in the kamado in a large dutch oven, take cover off last 15-20 minutes. Bake bread about 1x/week now, since I got into my own sourdough leaven, & a gluten free daughter gave us her electric mill.
                        1) Never point (aim) a firearm at anything you do not plan to KILL !
                        2) The only safe firearm is one with action open !

Comment

brc
                          now that really sounds good.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                            Your original is passive retention. Some one behind you or in a fight can remove your pistol. The pro locks the gun into the holster. Also placing the gun into the holster is simple because of no elastic. It just goes right in, no looking down required.

The pro when taking a dump doesn't fall out when you open your gun belt. No embarrassed Walmart moments.

But the sad thing, like I said they don't make the tactical Pro for Bersa pistols.

Yes, I agree the original is still a waterproof, Super comfortable holster.
                            Now you tell me all this RC. My Original for meh Sig 938 just arrived yesterday. Now I'll want a pro too. Sigh.

Comment

48 month update.... still the best holster I have ever owned.
                              Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 03-31-2018, 09:19 AM.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                                48 month update.... still the best holster I have ever owned.
                                Think you're giving it a fair test period? Let us know how she does at 120 months........................................hehe he. I agree RC, it's a great holster after you figger out that little jig in the draw. Love mine.
                                W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                                NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Working...
                                X