My Project For Today

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Project For Today

Brewed this up today - started as a prototype but came out OK so I think I'll wear it. Sits perfectly at 4:00-4:30 and just the right height. Eyeballed the cant - I think it's about 10 degrees. Sits so tight to my body that I can probably wear a T shirt over it. Need to trim the belt loops a little, though. Thanks to all the guys making You Tube videos!!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Holster 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	363.8 KB
ID:	605668

Re: My Project For Today

Looks good..... wear it. If it works- its gold, if it don't?...... then on the next one- work on the parts that are not right.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

do you think trimming the belt loops might lose some rigidity / control and allow the middle to flop out?

how many orders do you have so far

Comment

Originally posted by Vito Glisenti View Post
        do you think trimming the belt loops might lose some rigidity / control and allow the middle to flop out?

how many orders do you have so far
        Just a tiny bit of trimming won't hurt

No orders - just make 'em for me 'cause I'm cheap....and poor!!!

Comment

That's a good looking rig, Skip. I'm a sucker for basket weave. Did you do your own tool work?
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

That is nice looking work Skip.

On another note....
            Originally posted by gun sane View Post
            I'm a sucker for basket weave.
            I have it from a well known source that gun sane is a basket case. (I approved this political infomercial. jab)
            Long story short, jab is a male.
            Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
              That's a good looking rig, Skip. I'm a sucker for basket weave. Did you do your own tool work?
              Thanks for the kind words! Yes, I did the tooling.....first time for the basket weave and could use a little more practice, though.

Comment

Here's a couple pics with my favorite Martin guitar T shirt. It hides best at about 3:00 - any further back and the butt (the gun's, not mine!!) sticks out a little. I'm big enough that my XXX shirts cover about anything, though.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Holster 3.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	600964Click image for larger version

Name:	Holster 4.jpg
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	600965

Comment

Just drew up a plan for a front pocket holster and, even though my .380 will ride in my jeans pocket with plenty of room to spare, I just don't think it's practical. The outer dimensions of the leather has to be about 7.25" tall and 5.5" wide. I might try to make something out of some soft elkhide that I have.......to be continued....

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
                    On another note....

I have it from a well known source that gun sane is a basket case. (I approved this political infomercial. jab)
                    Guilty.......

https://www.dairyqueen.com/us-en/Men...ocalechange=1&
                    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Ellis View Post
                      Just drew up a plan for a front pocket holster and, even though my .380 will ride in my jeans pocket with plenty of room to spare, I just don't think it's practical. The outer dimensions of the leather has to be about 7.25" tall and 5.5" wide. I might try to make something out of some soft elkhide that I have.......to be continued....
                      Just a suggestion Skip, when I make a pocket holster I use the "rough" side out to keep the holster in place and the "smooth" inside allows the pistol to slip out easily.

regards jab
                      Long story short, jab is a male.
                      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by pollyb View Post
                        Just a suggestion Skip, when I make a pocket holster I use the "rough" side out to keep the holster in place and the "smooth" inside allows the pistol to slip out easily.

regards jab
                        Thanks! I have done that in the past for a NAA Guardian and it worked well. Probably not going to continue with the pocket holster for the Bersa as it's just a little too big. I'm probably going to go with a simple SOB clip on for a change of pace. I can always stick it in my pocket for short periods of time if need be. I also tried messing with some soft elkskin but it's not nearly structural enough to be of any use.

Comment

I found that even though there seemed to be plenty room for it & getting my Bersa into the pocket wasn't the problem, it was getting it out. Getting my hand out of my pocket with a pistol in it just wasn't going to happen. Fishing it out with 2 fingers didn't seem, to me, to be proper draw.
                          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                          X