Thunder380 Plus Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thunder380 Plus Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0

Hello everybody, I'm new here. I just bought my first Bersa, the Thunder380 Plus. It appears I'm very far from the first person to have a helluva time finding a holster for this model. I bought an Alien gear Cloak Tuck 3.0 online for the non-plus 380 model hoping it would fit properly. No doubt I'll find out when it arrives but I was wondering if anyone here had tried that model and holster combo. I've not had any experience with holsters yet as I'm waiting for my first ccw license to come in the mail. The Alien made sense since I've read a lot of people finding it to be a good holster for hot and humid Florida. I wanted something a little more formed and stiff than leather but if the Alien doesn't work I'll get the UGB striker that everyone on here loves. Also any pointers for a newbie conceal carrier would be welcome.

Re: Thunder380 Plus Alien Cloak Tuck 3.0

Welcome to Bersa Chat Andrewmack. I'm a leather fan, so unfamiliar with the Alien Gear products, but I think several of our members do use them & may be able to help. The main difference between the standard Thunder & the Plus is the thickness of the grip, so I'd think the one you ordered should work.

As to tips on concealed carry, just be sure you know the laws of your state & follow them to the letter. We have several Florida members & they may be more specific.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Here's a link to our Concealed Carry sub forum which may be helpful.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/foru...pen-Carry-Chat
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome to the club Andrewmack....I have the Plus, CC and Standard version of the Bersa Thunder 380......the holsters that fit one- also fits the others. The only exception I am aware of is that the Clinger Stingray kydex that fits the Plus and the standard will not accept the CC. And thats because of the location of the mag release on the CC.
        (Edit: the CC will fit in the Clinger- but there is no channel for the mag release button, and it will drop the mag when holstered or drawn.)

The BEST holster I have seen for this gun is the UBG Regulator - http://www.ubgholsters.com/styled-13...006/category=0
        Its a leather OWB snap scabbard. It holds the gun close to the body and is easily covered with a shirttail left un-tucked.

I have heard all good on Alien Gear.... but have never seen one.
        If you intend to carry IWB.... check out the Clinger V3 Ultra Conceal- https://clingerholsters.com/product/...-owb-holsters/
        Last edited by brojohn; 07-29-2018, 03:03 PM.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks! I didn't know about the Florida sub forum. I will check it out.

Comment

I'd definitely want to try out a UGB holster. Are there any distrubutors that sell them? the 4-6 turnaround was kinda what turned me away from UGB.

Comment

No distributors.... order directly from UBG. I have 2 of the regulators- one for 380's and one for 9mm. My favorite holsters- no doubt.

Yep- the turn around it the only turn off. But it is a fine holster.......
              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I do want to see if I end up liking the leather. I think I’ll order a UGB too and see how it goes.

Comment

Nate's turnaround time is often quite a bit faster than advertised. He keeps a time cushion for unexpected things.
                  I'm pretty sure if you put BersaChat in the coupon line you still get free shipping.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Welcome to the forum Andrewmack. I used to have a Plus and as said above the main difference between the Plus and the Standard model is the width of the grip. And the number and placement of the screws holding the grip on. The latter means that the abundance of grips for the Standard does not help when looking for grips for the Plus.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I can now say with certainty if anyone wanted/needed to know that the Alien Gear Cloak Tuck3.0 holster for the Bersa Thunder 380 will fit the Plus model Thunder 380. I can upload pics if anyone is interested. I like this holster even if it is my very first. The backing is very comfy. I find I like a mostly straight up 90 degree cant on my right hip.

Comment

Working...
                      X