Has anybody tried an IWB FIST holster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anybody tried an IWB FIST holster?

New to CC, gonna schedule the TX class in the next few weeks. Right now, all I do is tuck my 9UC in the back of my pants in the backyard, at about 5 o'clock, magazine up, canted fwd. It's comfortable there. I'm wondering how stable FIST holsters are, with the mounting of the hooks/straps. They do it with a Kydex strip that attaches to the bottom of the holster. I'd like the holster to be tuck-able, preferably with only one attach point, for easy on/off. Straight drop isn't an option for me; the 9UC needs to be canted. Its gonna be either one of theirs, or a Crossbreed QwikClip, unless I hear some serious negative feedback from y'all. Any feedback/recommendations at all is greatly appreciated.

Re: Has anybody tried an IWB FIST holster?

Welcome to Bersa Chat markmac56. Only negative feedback I can give you is why does anyone carry IWB? Seriously, no personal experience with either brand, since I carry OWB, but I've read a lot of good things about the Crossbreed Super Tuck in regard to comfort & concealability & it is adjustable to get the best fit & comfort. Also, not familiar with the FIST holster you refer to, but the 9UC is approaching the weight where a two-clip system is preferred because it distributes the weight across a wider area of your belt. They point out that a one-clip holster allows it to sag & cant outward away fom your body. I'd also recommend a good 1-1/2" Double-Layered belt. Someone will be along to give you better advice, maybe more than you bargained for.

P.S. Check out the holsters on Condors Flight. Until August 31 they are giving all Bersa Chat members a 20% discount (normally only 10%) with the promotion code: August20.

http://www.condorsflight.com/product....php?cPath=106

Also, if a custom holster is to your liking, most everyone here would buy nothing but a UBG Holster.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/
    Last edited by mitchr; 08-22-2010, 07:58 AM.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
    X