Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Carrying ...

a Bersa Thunder 380 in a UBG Phaetos?

If so would you post your experiences - good or not so good?

Thinking of getting the Phaetos but like to hear what folks who wear it think of theirs.

Thanks.
    It is the Duty of a Patriot to Protect One's Country From Its Government.
    Thomas Paine

Re: Anyone Carrying ...

Good Josh, Penfield!

I'm so really to order a UBG from Nate it is killing me. I've set aside a holster fund for the reason. Pond Scum & BlueRidge83 emailed me awesome photos of Nate's work and answered a lot of my questions about the details on the IWB holsters.

My Mom likes to have the BT 380 in her purse and at night on her night stand.
    “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
    -
    Elmer Keith

Comment

I have nothing against the Phaetos as I've never carried in one but I can highly recommend the UBG Regulator. For my money if you're going to go with the Phaetos get the Regulator instead. The ride height of the gun is only a little lower on the Regulator and the added ability to remove it from your belt without having to undress is really nice. If you need/want something that rides higher look at the Bonneville.

Bronson
      Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

I sometimes carry "nude". Behind the back at a 5PM position when I don't have a holster available.
        -
        Elmer Keith

Comment

Originally posted by NCFlyfisher View Post
          I sometimes carry "nude". Behind the back at a 5PM position when I don't have a holster available.
          Nude? Ya gotta be careful carrying a gun unprotected like that.. It could get Hipatitus.

Comment

or yes that is a pistol in my pocket :)
            "Those who hammer their guns into plows, will plow for those who do not." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Yeah...or a spud in my pants.
              I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Comment

behind back for gangbangers and movies it slow and with out holster plain dumb . Get a holster and put 3 to 5 o clock if right handed You will find a sweet spot and all will be right with the world.
                Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Let me rephrase that...

Gun only without a holster.

I can't carry it in front the darn belly's in the way
                  -
                  Elmer Keith

Comment

I did that exactly one time. The gun slide down the back of my pants and out my pantleg.
                    I'm no expert; I'm just, well...opinionated!

http://s884.photobucket.com/albums/ac47/p-t-max/

Comment

Unless you are looking to get the 3 slot version for some reason, I too would recommend looking closer at the Regulator as well. I have several UBG holsters and the Regulators are far and away my favorite.
                      I have an unfair advantage in that since he lives down the street I get to check out, fondle and compare stuff side by side. The Regulator sits only slightly lower than the Phaetos.

Fly, I carried my UC9 bareback like that for about 45 minutes once during a tense situation at the shop and the controls got flash rust on them.

Originally posted by p-t-max View Post
                      I did that exactly one time. The gun slide down the back of my pants and out my pantleg.
                      Good thing it didn't get hung up on the 'tater. That could have been embarrassing.
                      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
                        Unless you are looking to get the 3 slot version for some reason, I too would recommend looking closer at the Regulator as well. I have several UBG holsters and the Regulators are far and away my favorite.
                        Totally agree. I carry Regulator with either my 9 UC or 45 UC. They are so close to being the same size. And so easy on and off the belt versus the Phaetos.
                        Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

Originally posted by NCFlyfisher View Post
                          Don't you mean the 6 o'clock position? If you carry nude at the 5 o'clock postion your anatomy must be a little off.

-Pondy

Comment

I think he means when he gets home at 5:00 PM he takes his clothes off and carries his gun around. People do odd things in the Appalachian hills, but it's a free country.
                            Thunder 45 UC Pro Matte Black
                            Thunder 380 Nickel

Comment

They don't call him the fishfondler for nothin'
                              Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
                              Ayn Rand

Comment

Working...
                              X