Another Poll-----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Poll-----

Man, I've been enjoying the polls lately. This time, choose your favorite carry, both in construction, location and/or style of carry. There is/are no wrong answers, just personal preference.
    Inside The Waistband (IWB)
    33.33%
    Outside the Wastband (OWB)
    60.00%
    Shoulder Holster
    6.67%
    Pocket Carry
    13.33%
    "Mexican" Carry
    6.67%
    True Leather
    46.67%
    Leather back, Kydex shell front
    13.33%
    True Kydex front and back
    0%
    Sticky Rubber
    0%
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

I have 2 favorite holsters right now, One is my UBG OWB Leather Stryker, the other is a fairly new one I will put a picture on the forum soon from a little company down here in Mansfield, TX called White Hat Holsters. It is a leather and kydex combination that really works for me with a cover shirt.
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

The correct answer is "YES". My primary holster can be worn IWB or OWB depending on how I feel and what I am doing. And it is leather.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I used to carry in leather thumb snap holsters. Most were law enforcement holsters. Not a lot of options back then for weapon retention. Since I have been open carrying under Kansas new rules I prefer the Blackhawk CQC and am starting to test the safariland level 2 holsters. I know, I know the Blackhawk has a reputation. However, one should be mindful of the adage where, “speed is equal to the amount of, “training” one has on the equipment he or she is using. Trying to get a half second on a draw is all in the training. Crooking your finger, for speed, does not help speed. Oh, and it does help to be smarter than the holster. That you tube guy did it to himself, the holster had nothing to do with it. He even said he was looking for more speed on his draw.
        “Fate whispered in the warriors ear.” You cannot weather the storm. “The warrior whispered back. I am the storm.”

Comment

If you are referring to the guy that shot himself with a Kimber, true that it was 100% his fault, but part of his blame goes to shooting a Kimber out of a holster made for a g***k & difference in the release mechanism. Not only was he trying to get more speed on his draw, but he was in too big a hurry to change holsters.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

OWB- period.
            I have carried some of my smaller gun IWB.....but even then is was not a comfortable carry. My UBG Regulators have been the best holster I have seen for the Bersa 380's. For the larger handguns....the best I have seen is the MDJ hybrid holsters...and they are less than $40!
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have no idea what a "Mexican Carry" is. Is it maybe like hiring a golf caddie in Acapulco?
              Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

It's the only method of carry that creates the possibility of a John Bobbit injury. Hurts just thinking of it...…..
                NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Pocket carry a Beretta Pico. The Bersa Thunder 380 rides in a leather OWB holster.
                  Clinging to my Bible and Guns

Comment

A couple years ago, we had a guy at the range shoot his leg practicing fast draw. I have good ole western leather holster on a good ole leather ammo belt. Wanna be a gunslinger? Then be a gunslinger!
                    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

When working at the lake in t=shirt & shorts I carry in the right back pocket a LCP.
                      KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Comment

Working...
                      X