Hello, from PA

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, from PA

Hello, from southern Pennsylvania and just signed up here today; I have been trying to decide on what I wanted my first gun to be and did a lot of research and decided to get a Bersa Thunder. Now today I did some more research and found this forum so I signed up. I've been wanting to get it for awhile so and I just finally bought my Bersa Thunder .380 today at the gun shop and just got home an hour or so ago. I'm excited to get familiar with the weapon, and as I said, it is my first gun, so any advice for anything that anyone may have for me would be appreciated.

EDIT: Should also say that I do work on forums and set them up, and I noticed there's in image missing on the "Customize My Profile" button so someone might want to take care of that if you can.

Re: Hello, from PA

Welcome to the forum, you can spit on the floor and kick the cat. You've chosen a great carry gun. Be sure and clean all the shipping goo out of that 380 before shootong it. Make sure if it is a nickel one, you don't use any ammonia based cleaners. The recoil spring around the barrel has a "tight" end and a loose end. The tight end always goes to the breech face and the open or "bitter emd" goes at 12 o'clock.

Okay, what am I missing here for the new guy? anyone chime in here..............................

Bil
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Welcome to BersaChat
      Spend some time in the FAQ's You'll most likely have all your questions answered there, if not, fire away... with questions, thatis.
      Make sure you clean her up real good and get all the shipping goo out of it before you take it to the range.
      Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
      Ayn Rand

Comment

Can someone point me to a good article about how to clean it? lol Feel like a dumb-ass asking but...

Comment

There's no stupid questions here..........well, about guns. YouTube has a few. There may be a sticky or two, I'll go look around.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
          Ayn Rand

Comment

Here you go: http://www.bersachat.com/forums/show...on-380-Thunder

Ayn Rand

Comment

Welcome AK47. Make sure you clean the magazines also. You will enjoy your 380 a lot and expect to get another Bersa soon. My second Bersa was the UC Pro 45

Comment

WELCOME AK YOU PICKED THE BEST GUN ON THE MARKET
                sigpic REDNECK 4 LIFE

Comment

Welcome to the forum. U will find about any bit of important information on this forum and well....a TON of worthless information as well.
                  "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

Great gun! My advise is rounded end bullets. Flat end bullets sometimes are not good during break in process. Mine was picky. I had to come here and figure out what was wrong. Once I did I have had a blast shooting it. Main thing is to have alot of fun.
                    Certified Armed infidel!!

Comment

A really dumb question now, but I seem to be having a bit of trouble with the magazine loading now. I managed to get 6 rounds in, which was a bit difficult, but the seventh does not want to go in. Suggestions?

Comment

And more questions; what is this other little package I got in the box? It has some kind of black clamp and silver disc with it. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20120204-00001.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	595194

Comment

The clamp and disc is a trigger lock to put in if you plan to try to keep little hands from playing with your pistol.

The 7th round... new magazine springs can be stiff and hard to load. The more you shoot and load the mags, the easier they will get to load. Some folks here like the magazine loaders, I think the Uplula is the favorite? I'm not sure, I don't have one myself.

Comment

Working...
                          X