NEW!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEW!

I am new at all of this! I am a female and I just bought my first gun for protection! I bought the Bursa 380 pro! Any tips would help alot! Dos n don'ts just any info that will help out! THANKS

Re: NEW!

Welcome to Bersa Chat DEZ. Main thing is to clean all the goo off because that is not a lubricant & can gum up the works, then lubricate it. Steel cased ammo is not recommended & round nose (FMJ) is best during break-in. A few .380s have been reported as ammo picky, so don't load up with one brand until you know it cycles okay. If yours has the nickle slide/barrel you should avoid cleaners that contain ammonia, such as Hoppes #9. Breakfree CPL or TruRecoil are fine.

The mag should also be disassembled & cleaned. There are slide shows in the FAQs section on easiest way to do it. If you do experience any problems, there are a lot of folks here that want to help. A few of them even know what they are talking about.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Once you get it cleaned, plan on shooting a few hundred rounds through it to get it broke in. Don't be in a hurry, aim carefully and squeeze the trigger.
      It is a lot of fun just seeing how good you can do.
      Certified Armed Infidel!
      NRA Life Benefactor Member
      Help Protect Your Rights, Join the NRA today!
      Thunder 380 DuoTone & Matte

Comment

You made a good choice! I've had mine for about 6 months and love it. I practice with it often maybe 500 rounds through it and haven't had an issue.

Comment

Welcome you got good advise about the pistol . Now beware of men offering taters we have one here . Also beware of one that shoot naked and then think his pistol is concealed . See not all the weird ones are in special homes. A couple are here. We are not you normal internet board.
          Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Hi, DEZ! Since your main concern is protection, maybe you should give serious thought to getting a carry permit. The requirements vary from state to state. Your new pistol is dependable, but it can't help you if you don't have it handy. Our members have answered a lot of questions in the Bersa .380 forums >>here,<< but you'll also find little nuggets of wisdom sprinkled throughout the site. If you don't find what you need, just give a shout.
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by DEZ View Post
              I am new at all of this! I am a female and I just bought my first gun for protection! I bought the Bursa 380 pro! Any tips would help alot! Dos n don'ts just any info that will help out! THANKS
              Welcome to the family, Dez!!! I'm happy and proud that you choose to exercise your 2nd Amendment rights to protect yourself and your family. Good job! Welcome again!

Where do you hail from? I'm from LA.
              A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Comment

welcome to BERSACHAT DEZ... always glad to hear a woman has joined the ranks here.. as well as joined the ranks of firearms. as others have said, there is plenty of good advice here. there's also some not so good at times.. plenty of fun always though.. remember to keep your seat belt on at ALL times though because there is turbulance every so often... enjoy your new baby and remember that bersa's DO multiply, so you can expect more in your future...
                A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Welcome to bersachat, DEZ. You've gotten great information, so far. 380 APC or 380 Auto 95 gr Magtech and PMC bronze FMJ are good for break in. After break in, Corbon DPX and Winchester PDX1 are good choices in hollow points. Take your time and enjoy the experience.
                  Joshua 24:15
                  Rev 21:4-5

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” – Edmond Burke.

Comment

Welcome to the ZOO. One big thing, on reassembly the tight end of the spring goes on the barrel first!

Read our Cleaning and Maintenance forum, everything you ever need to know is there.

Use ball (Round nose) ammunition for your first 200 rounds for the break in period. Then load with a Self Defence round and shoot a couple of magazines of the SD ammo to check its functionality in your gun.

Yes their are some great gals on this forum including our Administrator, Americangirl01 Known here as AG, The others will say HI when they stop in for a chat.

You can also go to our State forums under meet and greet and find your State..Post a hello to our members who live in your State
                    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Welcome dez you will enjoy that 380
                      sigpic REDNECK 4 LIFE

Comment

Ya know, these new folks are getting told a lot more useful things than when I signed up.....
                        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
                          Ya know, these new folks are getting told a lot more useful things than when I signed up.....
                          Makes ya wonder if we wanted you to stay around.................................hehehe
                          W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                          NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Welcome. Practice practice practice. You can't shoot too much and get familiar, accurate, and confidant before you carry. Read and study all you can and never stop learning.

Oh and have fun!
                            "Character is much easier kept than recovered." Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by DEZ View Post
                              Welcome to Bersa Chat, DEZ. The guys have given you some good advice, other than that, clean it, lube it, shoot it and repeat as necessary.

For the record, there isn't a Thunder .380 Pro model that I am aware of. The model of your pistol should be stamped on the slide. Having this information will assist you if you ever need to order parts or accessories. Good luck to you and welcome again.
                              There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Comment

Working...
                              X