New member, new Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member, new Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro!

Hi there! I'm new to this forum, but not new to Bersas. I had a Thunder .380 that I ended up trading in on an assault rifle back when there was the scare that they would all be banned (guess that was 08). I regretted doing that later as there was no ban and it was such a sweet little gun, even if the rifle that replaced it was sweet too.

Since then, I've always been intrigued by the Bersa line (particularly the 9mm variants) but never had a reason to pick one up, until now. Long story short, I have forever sworn off any polymer framed striker fired guns (aside from the micro .380s anyway, I love my LCP and TCP) from here on out, because they never feel right or I can't shoot them right or they are too uncomfortable to carry. The only one that came close was a Glock 26, which shot perfectly but was weird to hold and was a thorn in my side to carry. Replaced it with my Kahr CW9 (which I still have) that carries with amazing comfort and feels good in the hand but I can't seem to hit the side of an aircraft carrier with it. Enter the Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro...

I know you've all seen a million of these, but I like posting pictures anyway.

This is it side by side with my Colt Commander 1911, my other favorite carry gun. I have absolute confidence in my ability to hit anything with this gun, and it's great for winter carry (prints too much in summer). I want the Bersa to give me the same feeling for summer carry.

I've already taken it out for shooting, just for about 26 rounds (two mags) worth though. It was a natural shot, like the 1911 is and the Glock used to be. Good accuracy, remarkably good feel in the hand, and minimal recoil compared to lighter polymer guns.

I found an old holster for it that was made for my Glock 26 which happens to fit the Bersa as well. Granted, I was a lot fatter (bout 70 pounds worth) when I last carried the Glock but the Bersa feels so much better on me and doesn't bite into my side. I think that last part was more my fat than the Glock's fault, but still it does feel better.

Overall, I love my new Bersa, especially the way it feels in my hand. It feels great. Love the all steel construction too, and the great features at such a low price point such as the polygonal rifling. Really don't think I could have made a better choice unless I spent hundreds more, and even then...

I'd really like to hear about your Thunder 9's too. Tell me what you like about it, don't like, range stories, how you carry it and how often you carry it, things you recommend, opinions, whatever! I want to hear it!

Re: New member, new Bersa Thunder 9 UC Pro!

Gotta love the uc pro. Welcome to the circus.
    Bersa thunder 380 plus
    Bersa BP9CC
    Bersa thunder 380
    Berreta 96D
    Taurus TCP

Comment

Congratulations 380acp! The 9uc was my first Bersa and I love it ..... Oh, I love both of them, I have 2 9us's, a 9hc and a bunch of other Bersa's.

That for posting the pics .... We loved turns around here!

Comment

Great choice! I have the Thunder .380 Plus, Thunder .22 and the 9UC Pro. The UC is by far my favorite. I got way lucky and found a set of Maple grips that were available on the Marschal Grips website and jumped on them immediately. Made it feel even better in my hand and they look GREAT.
        http://georgiacarry.org/
        The right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Thanks guys! I love my Bersa. I'm giving it a trial run right now on my side and while I think I could use a better holster, it's really not uncomfortable at all.

Originally posted by TGeneC View Post
          Great choice! I have the Thunder .380 Plus, Thunder .22 and the 9UC Pro. The UC is by far my favorite. I got way lucky and found a set of Maple grips that were available on the Marschal Grips website and jumped on them immediately. Made it feel even better in my hand and they look GREAT.
          You've gotta post a picture of that! Nothing better than an all steel gun with wood grips. I want to find some wood for mine as soon as possible.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Bersa 9UC Pro Marschal Grips.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	595568

You don't need to ask me twice! Love showing them off!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	bersa-uc9-uc40-ambi-maple-grey-checkered1.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	595569

Comment

Originally posted by 380ACP View Post
              Thanks guys! I love my Bersa. I'm giving it a trial run right now on my side and while I think I could use a better holster, it's really not uncomfortable at all.
              Well the first person that replied to your post makes some really nice holsters I'm told. That would be http://www.luvthegunholsters.com/
              He's making a couple for me, and I can't wait to try them out. Everyone here that has purchased his holsters just raves about them.
              What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

I want in on the wood grips too! I had no idea that these grips were even interchangeable. I'd love a little more info on that. Anyway, my Thunder 9 UC Pro is about a month or so old, and has about two hundred rounds through it. I absolutely love it. Great sights, trigger, and the ergonomics are perfect for my hands. I have held few if any guns that feel as good in my hand as this gun. And, it is comfortable to carry as well. The only problem I have had to date is that twice it has failed to fire a round in the chamber. This last time, my son is the one who chambered the round, and he let the slide come forward easily, instead of allowing it to sling shot forward. I think that is what happened last time as well. Anyway, the hammer fell, but the round did not fire, nor did the pin make an indentation. So, as I will from now on, make sure to allow the slide to chamber the round with full force. Accuracy is superb, and it's fun to shoot. Enjoy!

Comment

The picture sure looks familiar. the 9UC is a great firearm. I wouldn't trade mine for any other 9mm ccw
                  TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Originally posted by TGeneC View Post
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]3072[/ATTACH]

You don't need to ask me twice! Love showing them off!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3073[/ATTACH]
                    Now that's just gorgeous. I really hope he makes some more. I had some Marschal Grips on my Bersa Thunder .380 and they were stunning. Made me regret trading it even more.

I went searching for wood grips for the UC Pro, but can't seem to find any. Oh well, it's a nice pistol anyway, but it would look even better with a dead tree slapped on it's sides.

Originally posted by Stanwell View Post
                    I have held few if any guns that feel as good in my hand as this gun. And, it is comfortable to carry as well. The only problem I have had to date is that twice it has failed to fire a round in the chamber. This last time, my son is the one who chambered the round, and he let the slide come forward easily, instead of allowing it to sling shot forward. I think that is what happened last time as well. Anyway, the hammer fell, but the round did not fire, nor did the pin make an indentation. So, as I will from now on, make sure to allow the slide to chamber the round with full force. Accuracy is superb, and it's fun to shoot. Enjoy!
                    Man, I'm with you on the feel in the hand. It's just great, and I'm having a hard time coming up with anything that I have that feels better.

Thanks for the heads up on the chambering issue also. I'll watch out for that.

I'll also check out that holster site! Seems like he has at least one tuckable holster, which is great. These days my job means pocket carry or tuckable as I'm wearing suits most days with or without the coat. I feel like it also deserves a nice OWB too.

Comment

This is the site where I found the 9UC Pro grips. There is a gallery of UC's grips they have made. It is my understanding the the normal wait time is several months so patience is required. I got really lucky. The UC grip is pretty unique and I don't know of any other company that make them, but others more experienced with the brand may know of others. http://www.marschalgrips.com/

If you look at the thread titled "Aguila Ammo and range report" I posted a picture of some grips I purchased for my T.22 from a craftsman on e-Bay. To find them just go to e-Bay and type in Bersa Grips RTF. He does very nice work too, but those grips are for the Thunder .380/.32/.22 frames only.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat 380ACP. The Bersa UC9 & it's big brother, the HC9, are getting the rep of being Bersa's best, with the UC45 running very close behind. 'Course, there's one guy on the board that'll give you argument on that. But then, he likes taters too! You'll probably end up owning all 3 anyway.
                        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I still haven't fired mine. It was an unauthorized purchase a short while back and as a penalty has been deemed untouchable until July. I occasionally open the box, ogle for a minute, whisper a few sweet nothings, and return it to the shelf.

Enjoy yours for those that are not allowed.

Comment

Working...
                          X