Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bersa owner

Hi everyone,
    New to the Bersa family of gun nuts. I live here in paradise in Palm Beach County FL. Just got my Bersa Thunder9 UC pro last week. Man that pistol feels good in my hand. I am a fan of the Steyr M40 and S40 (the S40 was my everyday carry till now) until I picked the Bersa and held it at Gander Mountain. Put 100 rounds without a problem. Like the fact I don't get hit in the head with a casing every nine shots as with the Steyr's . I did find I was shooting low but I'm sure it's cause of not being used to the lite trigger pull. Any recommendations on appendix carry holsters would be greatly appreciated. I have a crossbreed coming in the next 3 weeks and can't wait to carry it in that. Also wondering what you guys think of these sights, has anyone used them
    made by XS sight systems. My eyes are getting worse as I get older and the big golf ball on target seems to be the answer. Well I think I bored you enough!

Re: New Bersa owner

Welcome to Bersa Chat. Condors Flight carries holsters & other accessories for Bersa, but I'm not sure what they may have for appendix carry. A link to their website is at the bottom of the forum. UBG is a custom holster maker & can certainly make on any way you wish. The newer Bersa UC9s will accept sights for Sig Sauer pistols. I don't know if anyone has tried that particular sight. Someone should be along with more info.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thanks mitchr!! I'll check out the UBG holsters. I asked Rich at Concealed Carry Concepts and he said he will try to get a model made for the Bersa T9 UC pro and would get back to me shortly. If he does get the model made I will post it here cause he makes really nice Kydex holsters. I have two for my Steyrs and his customer service is unreal.

Comment

Here's a link to the UBG website, but I believe he only does leather. Don't own one myself, but several Bersa Chat members won't buy any other holster.

http://www.ubgholsters.com/
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

You're gonna just fall in love with that BP9UC! I bought one a little over a month ago & have approx 700 flawless rds thru it now. Has eaten every type of ammo I've use w/out a hiccup & just gets better every time I shoot it, very accurate too!

"My treasures do not chink and glitter, they gleam in the sun and neigh in the dark."
          "To me, horses and freedom are synonymous."

Comment

XS sights are combat type sights. They are faster just not pin point accurate . I been thinking of just the front.
            Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Hi guys, I sent in a question about replacing sights to a sight manufacturer for the UC pro 9 and this is what I got back.
              "The majority of SIG pistols all use the same dovetail cuts.

Into these cuts SIG installs one of eight fronts or rears.

Thus while a SIG 220 and 226 have the same cuts, they do not use the
              same heights so must have a separate set for each model.

The problem with the Bersas is while they have SIG cuts, nobody has ever
              stated what height SIG sights are used in them or if the sights used
              even correspond to an actual SIG height."

Does anyone know the info on this? and if you do what are the height the Bersa uses? I apologize if I sound ignorant on the subject cause I am.
              Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by diaset View Post
                Hi guys, I sent in a question about replacing sights to a sight manufacturer for the UC pro 9 and this is what I got back.
                "The majority of SIG pistols all use the same dovetail cuts.

Into these cuts SIG installs one of eight fronts or rears.

Thus while a SIG 220 and 226 have the same cuts, they do not use the
                same heights so must have a separate set for each model.

The problem with the Bersas is while they have SIG cuts, nobody has ever
                stated what height SIG sights are used in them or if the sights used
                even correspond to an actual SIG height."

Does anyone know the info on this? and if you do what are the height the Bersa uses? I apologize if I sound ignorant on the subject cause I am.
                Thanks!
                The only difference between the P220 and the P226 sights is that the P220 is a #6 front and #8 rear, and the P226 is a #8 front and a #8 rear.

I read somewhere (but can't recall where) that the Bersa sights match up with the P220 (#6 front and #8 rear).

With the SIG sight numbers, higher numbers = move the point of impact UP, lower numbers = move the point of impact DOWN, doesn't matter if it's front or rear sights, they have the numbering worked out that way.

SO, if you would like to move your POI higher, get the P226 sights, if you like your POI where it is, get the P220 sights.

Here are the actual SIG sight heights, based on their numbering system:

Rear Sight Heights:

#4 = 5.24mm (0.21 inches)
                #5 = 5.52mm (0.22 inches)
                #6 = 5.80mm (0.23 inches)
                #7 = 6.07mm (0.24 inches)
                #8 = 6.35mm (0.25 inches)
                #9 = 6.62mm (0.26 inches)
                #10 = 6.90mm (0.27 inches)

Front Sight Heights:

#5 = 6.01mm (0.235 inches)
                #6 = 5.88mm (0.230 inches)
                #7 = 5.74mm (0.225 inches)
                #8 = 5.60mm (0.220 inches)
                #9 = 5.46mm (0.215 inches)
                #10 = 5.32mm (0.210 inches)
                Last edited by J_C; 10-10-2012, 05:15 PM.
                Thunder 45 UC Pro Matte Black
                Thunder 380 Nickel

Comment

Thanks J_C for the info, Here are a couple of pictures of the targets I used the other night at the range. This is the second time with this pistol and put about 200 rounds so far. I seem to be hitting low so I was putting my front sight hi. The first picture was supposed to be a head shot. So from what you see in my pictures do I go with the 226 sights to bring my POI up or stick with the 220 sights. I seem to keep trying to aim high to hit what I want to hit. I also am having trouble seeing the front sight in the lighting at the range. Because my eyes are getting bad. That's why I need to replace the sights so something I can see.
                  Anyway you guys and your input is a Blessing to all the members here. Like I said in one of my post I love this gun it just feels right in my hand.

Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(1).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	595879Click image for larger version

Name:	photo(2).jpg
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	595880Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	595881

Thanks again!!

Comment

I can't see too well anymore myself, diaset. One thing about the Bersas is that they are sighted for a "combat" sight picture, which means that if the sights are perfectly aligned, the bullet should hit directly behind the front dot. So that means you'd be covering the bullseye completely with the front sight.

Many shooters (me included) aren't used to that sight picture and have learned with other guns to shoot with the top of the front sight sitting horizontally across the middle of the bullseye. So as a result, we tend to shoot low with the Bersas until we get used to them. I personally don't like the "can't see your target" sight picture and have toyed with the idea of replacing the sights on my UC 45. Haven't gotten around to it yet. The XS big dots were my favorites out of the tritium family, though just some plain Sig sights would probably work for me too.

Going up 2 numbers on the front sight should move point of impact up about 2" at 25 yards. The rear sights are where you get the bigger moves, but you'd have to find one of the relatively rare #9s or #10s, which can be found in stock SIG sights but I haven't seen those in night sights.
                    Last edited by J_C; 10-10-2012, 11:59 PM.
                    Thunder 45 UC Pro Matte Black
                    Thunder 380 Nickel

Comment

Lets keep in mind . Most of us buy a pistol for self defense . We are not bull eye shooters You really might be hard to explane why you were shooting at a BG at 25 yds . Would 2 inches really make all that much difference if shooting at 25 yds for COM .
                      I think people need to start thinking in terms of Self Defense and not traditonal Bulls eye shooting . Remember in majority of self defence shootings "90% of self-defense shooting happens within 15 feet. Of these, 90% happen within 3 feet. " Is 2inch at 25 yds sight change really needed ?

I think better learn to draw and fire fast and might need to practice more 1 handed point shooting and less worry about sights . At 15 ' you might have time for 2 hand hold and even then should be able to hit man size target no matter the sights. . I have bad eyes also learn to focus on that front sight . That why I like the XS sight quick to see and fire .
                      Its your pistols and your training . But time spent at little groups at 25 yds. Seem like a waste to me . When fighting at spitting distance most of time .

Myself I place more on hits , quickly!!!! Than pin point accuracy. BG are not superman , bullets don't bounce off . 99% of BG are not going to be so high they can't feel pain or not know when being shot at.. THEIR LOOKING FOR EASY TARGET A TARGET THAT SHOOTS ISN'T EASY . Look at the vidoes when lead starts fly they start hauling ass . Folks bullets in my experiance hurt, they burn like you can't belive , in many cases means hospital . This they don't want.

Again Police are paid to go in harms way . They are paid to be more agressive . Their going to arrest and detain . We are on defense, drive attacker away. You are not shooting to kill, but to defend your self. If the attacker dies so be it. Self DEFENCE is you position ,not judge jury and executer.
                      Last edited by Michael T; 10-11-2012, 12:03 PM.
                      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                        Lets keep in mind . Most of us buy a pistol for self defense . We are not bull eye shooters You really might be hard to explane why you were shooting at a BG at 25 yds . Would 2 inches really make all that much difference if shooting at 25 yds for COM .
                        I think people need to start thinking in terms of Self Defense and not traditonal Bulls eye shooting . Remember in majority of self defence shootings "90% of self-defense shooting happens within 15 feet. Of these, 90% happen within 3 feet. " Is 2inch at 25 yds sight change really needed ?

I think better learn to draw and fire fast and might need to practice more 1 handed point shooting and less worry about sights . At 15 ' you might have time for 2 hand hold and even then should be able to hit man size target no matter the sights. . I have bad eyes also learn to focus on that front sight . That why I like the XS sight quick to see and fire .
                        Its your pistols and your training . But time spent at little groups at 25 yds. Seem like a waste to me . When fighting at spitting distance most of time .

Myself I place more on hits , quickly!!!! Than pin point accuracy. BG are not superman , bullets don't bounce off . 99% of BG are not going to be so high they can't feel pain or not know when being shot at.. THEIR LOOKING FOR EASY TARGET A TARGET THAT SHOOTS ISN'T EASY . Look at the vidoes when lead starts fly they start hauling ass . Folks bullets in my experiance hurt, they burn like you can't belive , in many cases means hospital . This they don't want.

Again Police are paid to go in harms way . They are paid to be more agressive . Their going to arrest and detain . We are on defense, drive attacker away. You are not shooting to kill, but to defend your self. If the attacker dies so be it. Self DEFENCE is you position ,not judge jury and executer.
                        Some of the best advice I have ever read on this form, you go MT you should be debating Biden tonight.
                        Too Old To Fight, Too Lazy To Run

Comment

Their less than 30 miles away . But see I couldn't go armed so I didn't go . We have a member I am sure was their to night Hope he will check in with a report.
                          Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum from Stone Mountain Georgia
                            Live your life IMPECCABLY

BERSA 380CC / 9UC Pro
                            KEL-TEC SU22ca / PMR-30
                            RUGER 1022 TD + 1296
                            MOSSY 500 20g
                            S&W 29 8 3/8"
                            SAIGA 410

Comment

Working...
                            X