My first gun/bersa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first gun/bersa

Hey all, I'm new here I joined to see if any one can help me out. I am a new and proud owner of a bersa model 85 I turned 21 this year never owned a gun in my life and I really really love the way this gun feels as soon as I held it at the shop I was at I wanted it mor than the thunder just by the way it looked and felt in my hand. I bought after doing some research on it even knowing that it's age could be a problem and replacement parts would be scarce. I've been to the range many times with my dad and friends so I do have some basic knowledge of how a gun works( and proper gun safety of course) but I took it to the range for the first time to day and found one problem.

The safety like to engage while I shoot not every shot but at least one per clip that I put I. At first It would feel like a dead round. My hammer would hit but no bang following it. I then eject the bullet then continue as normal and that when my safety like to engage. I first thought that I may have a bad firing pin or a week hammer but as I take closer look at my gun while I take a shot ( down range) about 5 to 8 shot my safety would be engaged half way and when I pull the trigger that when I get a dead bullet. I ejected it once again and examined the primer It was struck but not hard enough small dent on it but not like normal. Then I continued once again and then my safety fully engages.

Does any one have a clue what I'm talking about.? If so can anyone help me out.
    Ps I'm keeping this gun no matter what

Re: My first gun/bersa

That should be a simple fix. I had a old PPK that did that and gun smith fixed in about 20 min. Polly will be along and likely tell you how you might be able to fix.
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Re: My first gun/bersa

okay, thank you at least nothing major because when it does fire, its beautiful!

Comment

Working...
      X