Finally got a Bersa 380 cc

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got a Bersa 380 cc

As the title says, I finally got a Bersa 380 cc. I've been eyeballing this gun for years now and nagging the wife just as long. I was originally looking at the good ol thunder 380. I even talked my neighbor into buying one. (hey! Jonny if your out there) Which didn't seem fair he had the gun I'd been drooling over for all this time.
    I got it for Christmas. I've since put 250 rounds through it which includes WWB, Speer Lawman, PPU, American Eagle -Not one single problem. I even shot some ammo that was jamming my neighbors gun and it worked fine in mine. I haven't put any HPs through it yet, but I will be taking my CCW class here in the next few weeks and then of course the waiting to get my credentials. (Lord make it quick). At that point I 'll look more into the more expensive stuff.

I ordered a Desantis sof tuck holster for now. I know there are better (and more expensive) holsters out there, but for now, this one has all that I was looking for in a "cheap" holster.

Anyway, nothing really to ask. I've been reading about this gun perhaps longer that some of you guys have owned yours. Finally decided to poke my head in here though and say whats up.

Re: Finally got a Bersa 380 cc

I just put one on lay a way.....got a gift card for Christmas, was not thinking about buying a new gun, but like you.....been wanting a 380cc ever since they came out. Retired on SS disability so using money to get my CCW and a used pistol to put on the application here in NY took a bit of persuading the wife. Now she sees how things are going so having another gun in the house and her with a permit is starting to sound better to her. I see where most people say 200-300 FMJ to break it in, but know people that have shot nothing but hollows...they claim "you break it in with what you are going to carry in it for personal defense". Makes sense to me too I guess. Good luck and look forward to reading good things about "our" pistol.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Mike and Toad! Now get your feet off my coffee table and enjoy!
      Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Welcome guys. I believe Bersa recommends 200-300 rounds of ball type ammo as a break in. I started using remington 88 jhp in my t380 soon after the first box of fmj. Its been fine...now with about 650 down the range.
        I did have a lot of trouble with my 380 Plus with Winchester white box flat point.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thanks Jonesn and Brojohn, I intend to do the kick back and relax thing. Look forward to learning and sharing..who knows might make a few friends. I belong to the SCCY, Hi Point and the KelTec forms also. Only actually still go to the SCCY site on a regular basis since I left my Hi Point and Kel Tec in Florida when i moved to NY couple of years ago. I am not a big collector, nor a hi dollar big name gun owner, actually only other gun I want to get is a .22 rifle to hunt woodchucks and maybe coyotes once in a while.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome fellas. Mike, I hope you don't have to wait too long before you get your hands on that CC.

Comment

Funny, how the last election has seemed to have changed the thoughts of some wives out here. Picked up my cc right after the election. She has even been actively helping my in the hunt for scarce .380 ammo.
              "LIFE; -- It is what it is."

Comment

Go here Pitcarver. They have .380 for $14.95 thats only a buck or so more then I paid before the craziness.. Its ok ammo for the range and not bad price for these days.. I've ordered from them before and they seem to be good to deal with.

http://wideners.com/itemdetail.cfm?i...dir=18|829|835

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, Mason.
                  "LIFE; -- It is what it is."

Comment

I like Wideners, when I need something I just call, and go pick it up on Tues. or Thurs., 36 miles, no shipping, a lot of the time my buddy in K-town has me pick-up reloading stuff for him when I'm coming down to Maryville. They used to have a retail store in front, closed it about 5 years ago.
                    Batteries Release !!!

Comment

Working...
                    X