Hello from Montana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Montana

New member here from the "Big Sky Country" and a new owner of a Bersa Thunder 380, which is now my new carry weapon.

The BT is a sweet firearm and a joy to shoot---so far I've put 100 rounds downrange with zero issues.

My wife and I are retired, living in a small mountain town along with our Basset Hound who keeps us posted when four legged critters wonder by.

Re: Hello from Montana

Welcome to the madhouse richemist.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Glad to meet you, richemist! Welcome to BersaChat. We're always appreciative and proud when another veteran shows up in the ranks.

Originally posted by rlchemist View Post
      My wife and I are retired, living in a small mountain town along with our Basset Hound who keeps us posted when four legged critters wonder by.
      We've all got hard luck stories to share. Perhaps some day you the misses and will someday be able to move back to the crowded big city where your Basset Hound can get plenty of work scaring off the two-legged variety of critter.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
        Glad to meet you, richemist! Welcome to BersaChat. We're always appreciative and proud when another veteran shows up in the ranks.

We've all got hard luck stories to share. Perhaps some day you the misses and will someday be able to move back to the crowded big city where your Basset Hound can get plenty of work scaring off the two-legged variety of critter.
        Well, we're done with big city life---we've never been happier with a sense of peace ever since moving here to Montana. I'd much rather deal with a grizzly bear, even if I'd be their dinner, then be shot by some thug with his pants hanging on the ground.

Montana is very supportive of gun owners and the Second Amendment---we are a Shall Issue State with a Right To Open Carry. It is a great place with an abundance of natural beauty and just an occasional snow flake falling in the winter---

Montana does have four seasons: Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, Construction--but we love it all.

Comment

rlchemist - Welcome! My BT380 is also my CCW of choice What a lovely state you have, I recently drove through a bit on a road trip to Yellowstone NP. Hope to see more somdeay on my way to Glacier NP.

Comment

Originally posted by Ren1216 View Post
            rlchemist - Welcome! My BT380 is also my CCW of choice What a lovely state you have, I recently drove through a bit on a road trip to Yellowstone NP. Hope to see more somdeay on my way to Glacier NP.
            Both are truly beautiful as is the drive on what is called "The Beartooth Pass" on Highway 212 going toward and into Yellowstone. Glacier NP is also one of nature's highlights.

I too use the BT380 as my weapon of choice when carrying---it has replaced my XDM .40. Nothing at all wrong with the XDM but the weight and size was just too uncomfortable and I found myself leaving it at home and carrying nothing. There are some who feel the .380 is underpowered, but my definition of underpowered is having nothing for self defense.

A threat 25' away can get to you in 1.8 seconds---- one thousand one, one thousand two and the bad guy is in your face. I'm not too concerned about gel penetration tests, stopping power, as I am about pulling a weapon that I can comfortably use and placing a round where it is intended to go. The BT380 is really a great handgun for me, it is spot on accurate, comfortable to use and carry and is always on my person when I'm out and about.

Comment

Beartooth Pass is exactly the route we took into Yellowstone. I'm ashamed to admit this.... but being from the eastern half of the US (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it), I stupidly did not check my gas gauge before getting underway on "the pass" that day. I know - duh. Thank god there is a little general store with a more-beautiful-than-sunshine gas pump about half way through! I could have kissed it. I'll never forget that day. Fear of being stranded forever aside, the visual experience was amazing. Hope to see it again.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat from the HUMID State of North Caroline rlchemist!
                Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

Thanks for all the warm and friendly welcome greetings---this looks like a great place and I'm sure to learn a lot from those with many years of experience with Bersa products.

I'll be out at the range again tomorrow with two boxes of Ammo I just picked up at Cabela's in Billings, MT : PMC 90gr FMJ---$18/50 rounds seems like a decent price these days.

Comment

Welcome from Alabama.......
                    You are gonna love that Bersa.

Man, I envy you......retired, with a retired wife, a country home in the mountains, a puppy dog...and a Bersa 380.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
                      Welcome from Alabama.......
                      You are gonna love that Bersa.

Man, I envy you......retired, with a retired wife, a country home in the mountains, a puppy dog...and a Bersa 380.
                      Thanks !

We're very happy here...home is on the small side at 1100 sq. ft. but it also has a basement with a built in workbench. Man when I saw that bench I couldn't say "we're taking this place" fast enough.

I'm really digging on this Bersa, it is just a joy to shoot. I'm going out tomorrow and see how well she does at maybe 50 and or 100 feet.

Comment

We're very happy here...home is on the small side at 1100 sq. ft. but it also has a basement with a built in workbench. Man when I saw that bench I couldn't say "we're taking this place" fast enough.
                        Would that be a reloading bench you're talking about, richemist? You share the same state with Montana Gold bullets.
                        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
                          Would that be a reloading bench you're talking about, richemist? You share the same state with Montana Gold bullets.
                          Well, the workbench in the basment is used for normal routine type stuff, but my wonderful wife let me take over one of our two bedrooms where I do have a reloading bench. Been reloading all of our handgun ammo for a few years now and also load for a few surplus rifles: Mosin Nagant and Steyr. Just ordered some dies, bullets and brass for the .380 that should arrive this coming week.

So we have a two bedroom house: one for us and one for reloading---my wife also enjoys shooting and is a pretty decent shot with her .38 wheel gun.

Comment

Well, the workbench in the basment is used for normal routine type stuff, but my wonderful wife let me take over one of our two bedrooms where I do have a reloading bench. Been reloading all of our handgun ammo for a few years now and also load for a few surplus rifles: Mosin Nagant and Steyr. Just ordered some dies, bullets and brass for the .380 that should arrive this coming week.

So we have a two bedroom house: one for us and one for reloading---my wife also enjoys shooting and is a pretty decent shot with her .38 wheel gun.

Since your wife is a shooter, gotta warn ya about your wife shooting your Bersa. Several members have regretted letting their wifes shoot their Bersas 'cause they end up takin' them away from them. Marty has commandeered my .32!
                            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                              Since your wife is a shooter, gotta warn ya about your wife shooting your Bersa. Several members have regretted letting their wifes shoot their Bersas 'cause they end up takin' them away from them. Marty has commandeered my .32!

One of the reasons I have two BT 380s

BTW Welcome rlchemist!

Comment

Working...
                              X