Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New from Detroit

Hello all,

I am new to this forum. Typically a glock and Beretta guy looking to expand into 1911, hopefully and American Classic, looking to learn from this forum. Looks like a great site. Thanks in advance for the education.

Re: New from Detroit

Welcome. There are quite a good number of us 1911 nuts haunting this place. Some are more nuts than others.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Hello, welcome to the site. Did you just use the G word?

Comment

Welcome to the family American Classic for most part has been trouble free. I will say right now the one that a member is having trouble with is a early one GI type and trouble is front site It the old stake on kind not the dovetail.
        Mine has been perfect The 2nd one I bought for a family member is also going strong . We have really had min problems from the AC. They are 1911 compatible ( In theory all 1911 parts will drop in not always true on any 1911 lots need minor fitting do to different company spec).

Some here use as daily carry pistols.
        Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

I sure like mine, no problems. Waiting to see what the Amigo looks like.
          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Hello dondulah & Welcome to Bersa Chat

I too am in the market for a 1911. It's now a toss up with the American Classic Trophy and it's newer brother, the Amigo.

Glad to have you here and good luck on your decision.
            “Big bullets let in a lot of air and let out a lot of blood.”
            -
            Elmer Keith

Comment

Welcome dondulah.. I have 2 ACs. 1 full size dlx (roll marked Firestom) plus a AC commander.. Both guns are great.. Far better then the price I paid for them...

Comment

Originally posted by Mason View Post
                Welcome dondulah.. I have 2 ACs. 1 full size dlx (roll marked Firestom) plus a AC commander.. Both guns are great.. Far better then the price I paid for them...
                Same as 'ole Mason, except I let one of the SIL's have the full size dlx FS1911 which will end up with grandson as soon as he of legal gun ownership age -- he loves the 1911 platform & gets a big thrill out of shooting it -- great entry level 1911's, as well as the Armscor (RIA) ones.
                1) Never point (aim) a firearm at anything you do not plan to KILL !
                2) The only safe firearm is one with action open !

Comment

Ah, more Michigan people. WE'RE TAKING OVER!!

Welcome and be careful with the G word around here...it might get you spanked.

Bronson
                  Those who expect to reap the benefits of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it. – Thomas Paine

Comment

welcome to the form great people good advice
                    if you can read this thank a Teacher
                    if it's in English thank a VET

Comment

Working...
                    X