New BT .380 from UPSTATE NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New BT .380 from UPSTATE NY

Just picked up a used Bersa Thunder .380 from my favorite gun store. I am in LOVE. It is VERY accurate BUT I am have a issue (like most) with my rear sight. Gotta figure out how to remove it. If someone reads this and can point me in the right direction PLEASE do. I figure it has been covered BUT sometimes I am not the smartest when it comes to searching for something on forums. I need to remove the WHOLE rear sight. The adjustment screw has been broke off so the sight needs to be removed to be replaced. This is going to be my conceal carry.

Welcome to Bersa Chat kend. I'm not much at gunsmithing, but someone will be along to help. I suppose the whole assembly can be tapped out, using a wooden dowel as a driver, but may be a trick to doing it, such as which direction?
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome kend.....

Is the sight actually "broken" off or just some parts missing? Its not real common- but some folks have lost a screw, others have lost all the parts. If the screw gets loose- everything can fall out. It has happened.
      You can order a sight blade, spring, and screw from Bersa....I doubt the total with shipping would be $20.

If it is actually broken?...it appears the sight base can be pushed out, but that would require a tool to do so. And I can not remember what that thing is called- maybe "sight-pusher"? I'm getting old and senile- I deal with forgetfulness a lot.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Well here's the problem. It is a used gun. The sight has obviously been moved. BEFORE.... I decided to read posts.... I decided to adjust the sight. I did not know, let alone THINK it would be loc tighted! So, I put the force into the slot and gave it a turn... Low and behold the screw did not turn. half the slot broke off. I found some used slides on ebay, and I like the idea of getting a different 1 so the gun would be like a 2 or 3 tone color scheme. So if I need to go that route I will but if I can figure out how to remove and replace the sight that would be good too.

Comment

Okay- broken.
          Look on the eagle Imports site-https://bersa.eagleimportsinc.com/bersa/shop/parts/thunder-firestorm-419/matte-black-parts (assuming your slide is black- if not look for nickel parts)

Scroll down to bottom of page, you will see sight base, blade, screw, and spring. Thats all the parts you will need. Now if you can find a gunsmith close by- he will be able to install it for you. Or you can try and find the tool to remove it - it may be called a "press". I do not remember. Also another option is to contact Wolfgang the Gun Doctor- he is a regular on this forum. He can do the job for you- BUT he lives in Oregon....so you'll have to ship the slide to him.
          May not be as expensive as you may think?

I'll look and see if I can find a link to Wolfgang.

Here: https://bersachat.com/forums/member/...the-gun-doctor

You can shoot him a private message with what you need and see what he comes up with/
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

THANK you brojohn! I think my local AWESOME gun dealer/gunsmith will swap it for me. Also I think I will still order a extra slide for fun. I have the .380 thunder. I found a bersa thunder combat slide.... is there a difference?? Just curious.

Comment

I don't know about the Combat slide?
              Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by kend View Post
                I have the .380 thunder. I found a bersa thunder combat slide.... is there a difference?? Just curious.
                Yes, there is a difference in the length.
                Long story short, jab is a male.
                Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

AFAIK Std model Bersa Thunder 380 and Combat will interchange slides, Firestorm also

'same' frame / same barrel length

Comment

Hmmm... Not to sound dumb. What is AFAIK?

Comment

Originally posted by kend View Post
                      Hmmm... Not to sound dumb. What is AFAIK?
                      Well, As Far As I Know, it means as far as I know. JMHO

Bill
                      W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
                      NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Ok that makes sense.... lol

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post

Well, As Far As I Know, it means as far as I know. JMHO

Bill
                          Thank you very much- you just cleared up a lot of questions I have had over the years- only now, do not remember the questions!
                          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                          X