BP9CC Owner from South-Central Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP9CC Owner from South-Central Texas

Greetings, from South-Central Texas! I'm actually a rather long-time owner of a BP9CC, and a 4-year member of this forum. I realized I never introduced myself or really got involved here though, and since I have a bunch of time on my hands due to the SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19 epidemic I'm checking back into forums and spending time chatting with folks on topics of mutual interest.

I am a US Air Force veteran. I spent seven years as an intelligence analyst, ending up in 12 different countries including several in three different combat zones. My father was also in the USAF, as a Security Policeman. It is due to his classification as a small arms expert that I grew up with my (reasonably) extensive knowledge of small arms and my love of shooting.

My father, my younger brother, and I all own and carry a BP9CC as one of our regular EDC weapons. Admittedly, however, I was the last one to buy in. I have been quite happy with my purchase, though losing that ****** spring and pin that hold in the back-plate on the slide was (my own fault) quite a downer for a while since (of course) the parts were out of stock for a while. Now that I have my BP9CC back in safe and fully-functioning order it is back in my EDC lineup and I'm honestly super happy about that.

I have two jobs, one as a ranch hand and the other as a carriage driver. I work during the day on a small ranch as a ranch hand and I am learning to be a horse trainer. It is a long process, as I am finding out, but a very rewarding one. In the evenings I am working in downtown San Antonio driving a horse-drawn carriage...which is also a really fun and rewarding job.

In what little downtime I have I enjoy photography and culinary arts. Conveniently I mostly do outdoor photography, so quite often I have my camera outdoors with me and I can take photos and work at the same time. As for my cooking skills and interests I learned from a former roommate (and continued close friend) who is a professional chef, and my favorite styles to cook are Middle Eastern and Asian foods.

Howdy, pralfred and a long overdue welcome to Bersa Chat! Glad to greet a fellow Texan, especially if you work on a ranch and drive a carriage behind the South-Central area of a horse.

I'm happy to hear you got your BP9CC back in working order. Don't be afraid to speak up or out....we like to talk about photography, security and cooking, but often come up short in analyzing intelligence.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Welcome to the club........been thinking about a BP9CC for a while myself.
      If we ever have a meet & greet.......you can make us some Asian dishes.....don't care for the mid -eastern stuff. Me rike flied lice.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome pralfred. Glad you finally decided to join in.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          Howdy, pralfred and a long overdue welcome to Bersa Chat! Glad to greet a fellow Texan, especially if you work on a ranch and drive a carriage behind the South-Central area of a horse.

I'm happy to hear you got your BP9CC back in working order. Don't be afraid to speak up or out....we like to talk about photography, security and cooking, but often come up short in analyzing intelligence.
          I'm not a native Texan, I grew up in Upstate New York and Northeastern Pennsylvania. I came down here with Uncle Sam and over time San Antonio just grew on me. I also like the (usually) warmer weather here, great for good range days and riding my V Star 1100 (with a sidecar for my service dog) around. I love the work that I do, even though it often leads to little down-time. The horses are cathartic for me, even when they lead to long, hard days. Thankfully, the carriage driving usually ends up being pretty relaxing, once you're hitched and on the street. I'm glad to have the BP9CC working again too. It's a great gun, and I was quite disappointed to find the two $2 parts I needed out of stock for a while. I've got a spare pin and spring in the case now just in case I do something silly like letting those parts fly across the room into oblivion again. Also, I appreciate your wit! It made me smile!

Originally posted by brojohn View Post
          Welcome to the club........been thinking about a BP9CC for a while myself.
          If we ever have a meet & greet.......you can make us some Asian dishes.....don't care for the mid -eastern stuff. Me rike flied lice.
          I love my BP9CC! I feel it was well worth the purchase price ($357+tax when I bought mine years ago). It has been reliable and fun.

One of my favorite things about Asian and Middle Eastern food is their grilled food. Korean BBQ, Japanese Yakiniku, and kabobs of all types! I'm very much a fan of cooking over a fire. But, understandably not everyone appreciates a certain style of food (Middle Eastern food, in your case) which is why it's nice to be able to cook a wide range of things. I started out learning French cooking from my old roommate and these days I take the fundamentals he taught me and apply them to whatever sort of ethnic cooking I am currently focused on.

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          Welcome pralfred. Glad you finally decided to join in.
          Thank you for the warm welcome! (From all of you, honestly!). I'm glad I finally decided to join in too!

Comment

Welcome neighbor. I'm in Seguin just up the road.
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
              Welcome neighbor. I'm in Seguin just up the road.
              Hey! Cool! I get up to Seguin regularly. I have friends up there, and of course there's always shopping at D&D, lol!

Comment

Working...
              X