Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

France

Hey,

I'm a French guns owner and Bersas are my favorite guns!

Thank you for this nice forum :)

Sylvain

Re: France

Welcome aboard Sylvain59. There is alot of good information here and alot of fun here on Bersa Chat.

Comment

Welcome to the family You are the first from France. . It get rough around here at times hang on and use the seat belt.
      Lots of kidding going on . Think you home around table drinking wine.. And every one talking and the subject changes in a min That the way is here subjects change and off we go in a different direction. Other boards call it hijacking we call it normal .

Ready for the ribbing

Question do Bersa's in France have that special french attachment . Went it fires the white flag comes out.

See got you Just kidding we all know french guns are only dropped once never fired.
      You still here You are alright!! Welcome and fire when ready I expect a return volley.
      Last edited by Michael T; 03-20-2011, 02:36 PM.
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by Michael T View Post
          Question do Bersa's in France have that special french attachment . Went it fires the white flag comes out.
          No, no, it's only for the US market

Thank you for your good mood ;)

Comment

I already howdy'd you in another post but really glad to see you here. So, welcome from Texas, and congratulations on your President. Someone who will stand for the right and back up his words with action. Not like some who shall remain O'nameless.

Bill
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
            NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Bonjour et bienvenue à BersaChat. Mon Français n'est pas si bon que je n'ai pas vécu au Canada pendant des années. Les gens ici sont très gentils et très serviables. J'ai une question pour vous. Comment sont vos lois sur les armes?

Comment

Bonjour et bienvenue à BersaChat. Mon Français n'est pas si bon que je n'ai pas vécu au Canada pendant des années. Les gens ici sont très gentils et très serviables. J'ai une question pour vous. Comment sont vos lois sur les armes?
                That better be clean talk or you out of here
                my spell checker is all red. and its not even a communist .
                Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Originally posted by JuggleJunkie View Post
                  Originally posted by Michael T View Post
                  That better be clean talk or you out of here
                  my spell checker is all red. and its not even a communist .
                  Here is the question,

Hello and welcome to BersaChat. My French is not so good that I have not lived in Canada for years. People here are very nice and very helpful. I have a question for you. How are your gun laws?

I would like to know that answer too.
                  In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Hi !!

JuggleJunkie, you're the first american writing in french I've ever seen!

About our gun laws, they are very complicated, we have different type of categories.

The 1st category & the 4th category:
                    Semi-auto pistols, revolvers and assault rifles.
                    Example: Glocks, Bersas, AKs, ARs.

5th category:
                    Hunting firearms in big caliber (shotguns, rifles, lever action, semi-auto low cap).
                    Example: Maverick 88, Baikal MP153, Lever Action.

7th category:
                    Rifle of small caliber. (Non semi-auto).
                    Example: .22lr & .17hmr rifle.

8th category:
                    Antique firearms, guns designed before 1870.

For the 5th & 7th categories (what we call "hunting rifles") you can get them if you practise hunting or target shooting, you just have to show your hunting or shooting licence and you can buy them (but these guns are then registered).

For the 1st & 4th categories, you have to be a member of a shooting club, when you are a member and after a short medical visit they give you a national shooting licence, then you learn shooting and then you have a test about how to handle a gun safely. To ask your first gun permit you have to wait 6 months...
                    When it's okay, you go to the Police Station to ask a gun permit. They will ask you some documents (passeport, documents to proove your address, ect.).
                    Then they make a backgrounds check (they check your criminal records and your medical records) and they call you a few weeks/months after that to say if it's okay or not.
                    If it is, they give you your gun permit to buy the gun you want to get!
                    It's one gun permit by gun, so if you want more guns, you just have to tell them the number of gun you would like to buy and they will make more permits for you.
                    Of course all these guns are registered when you buy them.

The very bad point for the 1st & 4th categories is that you have to go to the Police Station every 3 years to say "Hey I'm still alive" to keep the right to keep them. (I guess it's to be sure that the guns don't fall into bad hands if you die).

For antique firearms (the 8th category) (black powder or gun designed before 1870), it's free, you just have to be older than 18 to get them, no registration.

So, now you know, french gun laws is so complicated... It's sometimes so long to wait for a new gun permit, a lot of paperworks....but at least, if you are a law abiding citizen you can have guns.

About the right to carry, it's different.. Here it's almost like WI or IL.

You cannot carry outside the house or private property.. (except if you are a cop, you have the right to carry your own guns concealed).
                    For civilian, to get a carry permit, it's almost impossible, you have to proove that you're in danger...(impossible to proove before the seconds you'll need your gun to fight back and protect your life..). I guess it's easier to get a kiss from the first lady than to get a carry permit...

I hope it's gonna change in the right way..we'll see!

In France, we are 60.000.000 inhabitants.
                    140.000 "handguns and assault rifles" legal owners for about 1.000.000 legal guns of the 1st and 4th categories (handguns & assault rifles).

We have a lot of hunters (1.000.000 hunters) for about 4.000.000 hunting firearms.

You have to know that full-auto is prohibited.

The conclusion: French gun laws are too strict for law abiding citizen.
                    To get firearms it's a lot of paperworks to do, it means that a lot of people do not want to waste time with that and don't have gun.....sad!

On the other side, our criminality is getting higher and higher evey day, illegaly owned guns in the hand of bad guys and criminals are very important, we have a lot of illegal trafics from I don't know where (maybe eastern Europe, Balkans, north arabian countries), every months we have new shootings involving criminals with full auto AK47, submachine guns, handguns, ect.

Laws are only made for those who respect them, it's why I say that our laws are too strict. Being a criminal seems to be an easy job here.. :(

It's the reason why Americans really have to protect the 2nd amendment of the US constitution.
                    Any gun laws would never change anything for criminals but It would make you an easy prey.

I hope it's gonna change.. Since this month we have what we call the UNPACT, it's a new association to protect our rights (kind of a french NRA), it's all new and I think it's needed.

And guess what? I'm an NRA member too :)

Comment

Sylvain, Thank you for the information. I always like hearing about gun laws in other countries from the people that live there.

Comment

Welcome from Oklahoma very interesting information on French gun laws
                        Thanks for sharing
                        if you can read this thank a Teacher
                        if it's in English thank a VET

Comment

Very interesting! Thanks for posting.

I am suprised you can even own guns..... England and Australia are much worse than France. Keep fighting to protect what you have and keep from getting stricter laws. We are very fortunate here .... some states are bad but the trend it to make it easier for law abiding people to own and carry handguns.

-POndy

Comment

Seems like it is the same everywhere. The more strict they make the gun laws, the worse the crime stats get.
                            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

I had a good idea, Thank you, I appreciate your reply.
                              In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Working...
                              X