Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinois

I'm in Illinois, where only the law breakers can carry a concealed weapon and the rest of us get fleeced. I'm located in the western suburbs of Chicago and shoot mostly at GAT Guns in Dundee. Any other Illinois folks on the board?

Yeah, i'm from Illinois too, I know what you mean. Iive in Streator IL. Small town of about 15,000.

Comment

Re: Illinois

Hi there bobc, I was starting to get pretty lonely on this thread all by myself. I'd like to think that the Illinois legislature will pass a concealed carry law after the Supreme Court abolishes Chicago's gun ban in June, but I'm not altogether convinced that Mayor Daley doesn't have the power to exert his control in Springfield. One can only hope...

Comment

I just registered today. I spent some time exploring and all I can say is . On the old site it seemed that you almost had time to make yourself a cup of coffee. This new site is a real
        PLEASURE!!!

I'm from North West Illinois, near Savanna. I'm retired and try to do some target shooting when I can. All of the ranges in my area are outdoor private clubs. I wish there was an indoor range around here. The closest is about 60 miles away.
        Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, shall not have, nor do they deserve either one.
        Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Welcome BersaFan! I just looked up Savanna on Google maps and see your not too far from Mississippi Palisades State Park.

I have the opposite problem in the Chicago suburbs; lots of indoor ranges, but I have to travel pretty far to shoot outdoors (except for a handful of shotgun ranges). There is a pretty sweet outdoor range in LaSalle County called Buffalo Rock Shooting Range where you can shoot just about anything, since its located on an old strip mine.

Comment

Thanks gabriel76. I grew up in the Chicago area. I went to Midwest Sporting Goods in Lyons for most of my handgun shooting. I have been to Gat Guns many times also but it was
            a bit of a ride. They do have a nice range and a large selection of firearms.

The range at Buffalo Rock was over 80 miles one way. They at one time would let anyone shoot and would not ask for a FOID card. I don't know if that is still the case. I also used
            to like shooting in the pit. If you would join the Illinois State Rifle Association then you could join the range down in Kankakee. Its an outdoor range but you can shoot pistol, rifle
            or shotgun. They have two 100 yard ranges and a 200 - 300 yard range.
            Those who desire to give up Freedom in order to gain Security, shall not have, nor do they deserve either one.
            Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I work about 10 minutes away from GAT Guns, so a group of us go shooting at lunch once in awhile. Great mid-day stress relief. Buffalo Rock is a bit more subdued than thy used to be (they don't rent out cannons anymore), but its still a great place to shoot. Not sure Kankakee would be much closer for me. How is life out by the Mississippi?

Comment

BOORING!!!! I wish there was a job out here that I could do, I'd jump at it. As It is, Social Security only goes so far.

The biggest thing that I miss is all of the restaurants. There are no descent Pizza Places, what I would give for a Lou Malnati's
                or an UNO or DUE'S.
                Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Mmmm.... pizza. Now I won't be able to stop thinking about that until I have some. There is a Gino's East less than a mile from my house.

Maybe you should open your own pizza place!

Comment

Maybe you guys should move to Indiana. Not only can we obtain licenses to carry handguns, we also manage to keep our Governors out of prison! :)

Comment

That and the low tax rate and I'm seriously considering it! :)

Comment

Originally posted by gabriel76 View Post
                        That and the low tax rate and I'm seriously considering it! :)
                        Hey, come on over!

Comment

Originally posted by BersaFan View Post
                          Thanks gabriel76. I grew up in the Chicago area. I went to Midwest Sporting Goods in Lyons for most of my handgun shooting. I have been to Gat Guns many times also but it was
                          a bit of a ride. They do have a nice range and a large selection of firearms.

The range at Buffalo Rock was over 80 miles one way. They at one time would let anyone shoot and would not ask for a FOID card. I don't know if that is still the case. I also used
                          to like shooting in the pit. If you would join the Illinois State Rifle Association then you could join the range down in Kankakee. Its an outdoor range but you can shoot pistol, rifle
                          or shotgun. They have two 100 yard ranges and a 200 - 300 yard range.
                          Yeah, I live about 30 miles from Buffalo Rock. They are trying to close it, They say that bullets from the range are landing in a State Park down range.

Comment

Originally posted by bobc View Post
                            Yeah, I live about 30 miles from Buffalo Rock. They are trying to close it, They say that bullets from the range are landing in a State Park down range.
                            That is just silly. That range has been there forever (I was just there last week). They have safety patrols on each range. I think some people just look for any made-up reason to close a gun range because they don't like guns and don't want anyone else to enjoy them.

Comment

Good afternoon, I just joined today after my last look at Bersa Talk and saw that there was a new site. I didn't post much at the old one but did a lot of reading. Currently I'm looking for the post that had a video attachment of cleaning the Thunder .380. I also need to get some posts in to qualify for the discount at CondorsFlight.com. The shoulder rig systems they have look perfect. I also belong to http://www.icarry.org/ and am extremely pleased that the Supreme court has overturned Chicago's gun ban. Regardless of what Daley tries to do I think that the people of Chicago will overcome it and common sense will prevail.
                              I am still having a problem with Bersa and their prices for magazines. I've been searching and haven't found other manufacturers for these.
                              If you can't tell, the gun in my avatar is a Thunder Pro 9 UC 13 round, my wife has the Thunder .380, nickel finish.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by itsmyright; 07-22-2010, 02:04 PM.
                              Later,
                              M

Comment

Working...
                              X