Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Connecticut

Came here looking for help. Bought a model 383 and somehow broke the extractor. Ordered one for the 97 by mistake. Wondering if there the same. Put the extractor in and now it wont fire. Hoping there different and i dont have some other issue

Welcome gregc1450......... I can't help you with the 383 but a couple of our members are knowledgeable with the older models. Hang on a bit, someone will come along soon that can help for sure.
    I do doubt the issue is the extractor though, more likely an issue in the firing pin channel.
    But keep checking back- someone will come along that can help.
    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

If i put a small drill bit instead of the extractor pin the firing pin works fine but if i put the pin in it feels like its jamming up and the firing pin wont move. Hopefully someone can tell me how to take the firing pin outm google sucks for these older guns

Comment

Hopefully PollyB or Wolfgang will be online soon.....I am sure either could point you in the right direction.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome Gregc1450,
          Sorry, I don't have anything to offer at this point.

Send an email to
          [email protected]
          and he will get back when he can.

good luck,

regards jab
          Long story short, jab is a male.
          Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Welcome to the forum Gregc1450. May take a while, but you came to the right place. Like Pollyb says, contact Wolfgang.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

In my humble and exceptionally non expert with zero hours of formal training as a gunsmith, opinion. I think you just need to purchase a new extractor pin.
              Last edited by Letereat; 09-17-2020, 10:29 AM. Reason: Not 100% confident my info was reliable
              The meaning of life: To be happy and useful.

Comment

Well i ordered a new firing pin, extractor pin and springs. And broke the firing pin safety trying to remove it. Guess ill try to dremel it out and hope i can find another one. Or its getting parted out.

Comment

Turns out these early 383s are notorious for having mismatched parts in them. Ordered an extractor for a model 97 and the gun is back functioning

Comment

Originally posted by Gregc1450 View Post
                    Turns out these early 383s are notorious for having mismatched parts in them. Ordered an extractor for a model 97 and the gun is back functioning
                    Good news! Thanks for the update!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregc1450 View Post
                      Thanks for the information.
                      Long story short, jab is a male.
                      Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                      X