Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Florida

New guy here - SW Fl - Bradenton/SRQ area. Retired licensed land surveyor and disabled (Agent Orange) Viet Nam vet. Play and build electric guitars - also play pedal steel. Been pro/semi pro musician all my life. Recently sold a NAA Guardian and was looking for a replacement and saw a lot of good reports on the Bersa. Picked up an older (pre trigger lock) .380 Thunder today at a great price from a local pawn shop. I'm blown away at how light the DA trigger pull is. Have to get outfitted with a holster (I usually build my own) and figure out what kind of ammo it likes; I don't go to the range that often because they charge $14 a day and I'm only there for about an hour, tops. I'll go to make sure it goes 'bang' when it's supposed to then just carry it. I know I should practice more with it but the price of ammo and range time is tough to deal with on a fixed income and disability.

Found out mine was imported in 2002 - doesn't appear to have been used much.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bersa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	108.8 KB
ID:	600963
    Last edited by Skip Ellis; 04-24-2018, 12:35 PM. Reason: pic

Comment

Howdy, Skip.....welcome to Bersa Chat. When you get a round tuit, maybe you'll post of video of your pickin'. Florida has been known to turn out quite a few good minstrels.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Skip. Keep us posted on how it does. There's a thread in our Ammo Chat that gives sources & pricing for ammo, but I've found Walmart to have decent pricing & you can buy just a box at a time rather than having to pony up for a bunch of it, to absorb freight costs.
        Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
          Welcome to Bersa Chat Skip. Keep us posted on how it does. There's a thread in our Ammo Chat that gives sources & pricing for ammo, but I've found Walmart to have decent pricing & you can buy just a box at a time rather than having to pony up for a bunch of it, to absorb freight costs.
          Yeah, I discovered that - one online place wanted $15 shipping for a $16 box of ammo! I'll just buy local.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Ellis View Post
            Yeah, I discovered that - one online place wanted $15 shipping for a $16 box of ammo! I'll just buy local.
            Here's one that may not be on that list. The .380 is less than $12 & I see their new is on sale for less than the remanufactured. I believe it is free freight on a person's 1st order. Sign up for notices on sales. They usually have some good prices around holidays, often have flat rate shipping of $7.50, regardless of size of order & usually have free freight for orders over $200. Caution: Their .380 is flat nosed & some have issues with it.

https://www.freedommunitions.com/amm.../380-auto.html
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
            X