Louisiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Louisiana

Hello! I was wondering if I'm the only one here from Louisiana. I'm a proud owner of a Firestorm.

Anyone else from Cajun Country?
    A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Re: Louisiana

I can say you are the first one to open the State of Louisiana on the forum. Are you down in one of the parishes? (Real Cajun Country)
    In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
      I can say you are the first one to open the State of Louisiana on the forum. Are you down in one of the parishes? (Real Cajun Country)
      No disrespect intended, but all regional governments in the entire state of Louisiana are called "Parishes". However, I am from the real Cajun Country. I was born and raised in St. Martin Parish, which is considered by many to be the heart of Cajun Country.
      A CCW is like a parachute; if you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Comment

We have a couple that I am aware of who are also from Louisiana.....NavDoc and AirOps, but they don't check in much.

Fwiw, I have two little Texjun granddaughters. Dad is a Cajun, mom is a Texan....
        There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Bersa Chat Zone!

Comment

welcome to the form great people here
          good info all around
          if you can read this thank a Teacher
          if it's in English thank a VET

Comment

Well, I must be the second Cajun to check i! I guess everybody else is wrestling alligators ad catching snakes! lol :) Tim

Comment

I'm from, and live in, Baton Rouge. And Hull, I have my alligators trained to catch the snakes.

Comment

I'm from redneck country, West Monroe. Before retirement, I traveled all over cajun country, as well as the rest of the state and the mid-south. Hard to find better folks than cajuns, although there are some common coon-asses down there also. I've found that there are specific regions of the state, each with their own culture, food, and way of life; north La rednecks, southwest and south central cajuns, Baton Rouge is a hodge-podge, and New Orleans is hard to describe. Very eclectic bunch here in La.

Comment

We are a different folk down here fo sho! :) We work hard all week and play hard all weekend long. BS you're right about New Orleans....it is different. It is a mix of cultures and new and old. You just have to love that city. ;) Tim

Comment

Not a coon-ass by birth, but I've been here 29 years now. I've been told that makes me honorary.

Comment

Born and raised in Houma LA moved to Saint Joseph MI about 15 years ago; still miss my old friends and the food. But I sure don't miss the heat of summer or red fire ants......
                      sigpic

Tony P Crochet

You can't say that here !!!

Comment

Originally posted by teecro View Post
                        Born and raised in Houma LA moved to Saint Joseph MI about 15 years ago; still miss my old friends and the food. But I sure don't miss the heat of summer or red fire ants......
                        I'll be up your way in November. My mother lives in Douglas.
                        If the weather is good enough, I'll ride my bike. Looking forward to the Blue Star Highway again.
                        Want me to bring some Mr. Ronnies?

Comment

Originally posted by dwsonar View Post
                          I'll be up your way in November. My mother lives in Douglas.
                          If the weather is good enough, I'll ride my bike. Looking forward to the Blue Star Highway again.
                          Want me to bring some Mr. Ronnies?
                          Mr Ronnies Donuts....... Yum Yum

Never really went there all that much as we had a local donut maker on Prospect Blvd (that was right near the house) that had great donuts in the mornings; was a walk up building with big glass windows so all you had to do was point and show fingers of how many. I do recall a REALLY great bakery down your way in Golden Meadows was called Dufraines (spell?) we would always stop their when we was passing through.
                          sigpic

Tony P Crochet

Comment

Dufrene's is no more. They had the best French bread.

Comment

Originally posted by dwsonar View Post
                              Dufrene's is no more. They had the best French bread.
                              My Mom would get mad at us if we failed to bring her a custard pie when returning from the island. What about the rest on the next corner Randoff's I think was the name.
                              sigpic

Tony P Crochet

Comment

Working...
                              X