Arizona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arizona

Hello, Rainman here. I live in Chandler, AZ approx 3 1/2 miles north of the Gila Indian Reservation. It used to be very quite here until everyone started building homes and moving to the east valley. I was recently laid-off from my IT job (Quality Assurance) at the State of Arizona Dept of Education. I guess if there is no State budget ($), even people with 17 1/2 years of service can get the boot.

I am 62, took early retirement and I hate it. So, I am looking for gainful employment. I am still in good health, so I might as well work. I have 4 Bersa handguns (BT 380 Plus, BT 9HC (old style), BT 9UC Pro and a BT 45 UC Pro) (all matte). You got to love those Bersas.

Best regards and safe shooting - Rainman. (Ray)
    Last edited by Rainman; 04-07-2010, 01:08 PM.
    Originally joined Bersa Talk 8-15-2008

Re: ARIZONA

RainMan,
    i used to live in the phx area...can u tell me what the job status is like for Teachers my GirlFriend is a Kindergarten teacher out here in Texas and we might have to move back to Phx..(due to my Health) Drop me a pm with the info Please

Comment

I'm in Ahwatukee (Phoenix) and also looking for work.

Comment

Bersa_Man and FA Bob,

Check your PM. I sent you both the same information today (Re: AZ Teacher Certification web site, etc.)

Good luck and Best regards - Rainman.

Comment

Re: Arizona

I live in Utah now, but moving back to Phoenix when my enlistment is up. Currently have my fingers crossed for a job with Peoria PD. Hopefully find out soon.

Grew up in the Phoenix area, few different places, but been gone since 2003 when I joined the Army. Been back to visit, but really looking forward to being back for good. Only thing missing is the job. Have a few handguns, shotgun, and a .22 rifle. Only one Bersa, 9UC.

Hear anything about the "Constitutional Carry" Bill going to pass or not?

Comment

John,

Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer has the Bill, she can sign it, veto it, or wait the required amount of time and it will automatically become the Law in Arizona. Nothing in the news about when she plans to act on it. TV reporters say the Gov is pro-handgun - so it looks like a done-deal (besides, the State election is this November).

Regards - Ray
            Last edited by Rainman; 04-15-2010, 07:10 PM.

Comment

I live up in Prescott Az. Retired woodcarver and did some stick bow building as a hobby and also into air guns. I am 71 so I am not really looking for work if I don't have to. Enjoy my pistols and have 2-380's 1-HC9 and a Springfield Loaded 1911. Have a Ruger 1022 for squirrels and a 20 ga. Rem 1100 for quail. Just love AZ, especially the high country.

Comment

My wife's uncle is up in Prescott I believe. Part of some gun club up there. But I'm pretty sure he's into the higher end guns (and glocks). Beautiful area though.

Comment

Your wife's uncle has good taste in places to live. I like high end guns like most but not sure I would include the GLOCK in this group!! Thought I would throw that in for Michael's benefit. Funny thing, when I get to shoot some of the high end guns, they really don't preform or shoot any more accurate than my Bursa's. I guess that makes the Bersa a lower priced high end gun in my opinion

Comment

Greetings,

Been living in the Phoenix area for the past 10 years after moving up from Tucson. Picked up my first Bersa (and first automatic) this weekend, a Thunder .380. My normal carry piece is a Taurus .357 but it's just a bit too wide for me during the summers, when it's light t-shirt weather so I wanted something slimmer. The Bersa was right in my budget. Have yet to get it out on the range but really looking forward to breaking it in. For a compact, it fits my hand like a glove and I hope it shoots well.

Comment

Hey Folks, been in the Tucson area since the mid '50s, except for about 11 years moving around the West. Have been back in this area about 12 years now. I have had a Bersa 380cc and Firestorm Mini 9 Pro a bit over a year now. Love them both, both a lot more accurate than I am, but can put an acceptable group at about 10 yards. I have a couple of S & W's and a Ruger that I've had for years, but enjoy shooting the Bersas more. Just wish I could get to the range more often, maybe when I retire. Been thinking a lot about that lately :)
                      "Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." Will Rogers
                      "Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Hey Rainman,
                        I'm baaaaack!
                        I'm located near the top of the 51 & 101 freeways.
                        Still want to have that get together with AZ members.
                        Take care,
                        Desertsamson
                        It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.
                        Ronald Reagan

Comment

It's finally here!

I'll be in Peoria tomorrow afternoon/evening. I cannot WAIT!

Although I still have to come back to Utah for a week, but all my stuff will be there waiting for me (and hopefully the wife will have it all unpacked!!)

See you guys in a few days.
                          Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 04-17-2011, 03:23 AM. Reason: oversized photo

Comment

safe trip john.........
                            A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

Ahwatukee...

Comment

Working...
                              X