Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oklahoma

I just joined this morning. I have lurked a long time over at BersaTalk reading for info.
    I really like the new forum. I live in Oklahoma City and go shooting when the wife and
    I can take the time.

Welcome to the new board. Don't forget the old one there is still a lot of good info over there

Comment

Re: Oklahoma

Been a life long Okie, even though I been darn near everywhere.
      I'm East of Tulsa on Hudson Lake.
      Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Comment

Originally posted by The Sentry View Post
        Been a life long Okie, even though I been darn near everywhere.
        I'm East of Tulsa on Hudson Lake.
        Daughter & SIL live outside of Coweta.
        From what I've seen of OK -- the only area fit to live in is the NE sector !
        1) Never point (aim) a firearm at anything you do not plan to KILL !
        2) The only safe firearm is one with action open !

Comment

welcome ninja.. enjoy the ride !!
          A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Comment

They say if you're not living in NE Oklahoma You're just camping out!!!
            Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

Comment

Oklahoma

Hello and welcome from Oklahoma. Both the wife and I have ccl and enjoy shooting in general. I don't own a Bersa as of yet but the wife carries a Thunder380.Looking forward to adding my 2cnt worth
              if you can read this thank a Teacher
              if it's in English thank a VET

Comment

Hello. Texan that may be taking a trip through your state. My Texas CHL is good in Oklahoma & I printed out a copy of the do's & don'ts for your state. Just wondering if there is anything else I need to know, like cities that are unfriendly to concealed carry? We never plan on having a situation with law enforcement on any of our trips, but you never know.
                Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Howdy, born and raised in small town Oklahoma and like it that way. New here as of today.

Comment

Hello Shootum welcome to the circus!! You'll enjoy the ride. Just watch out for tinfoil hats and never, never mention a badge of any kind.
                    See ya around the forums

Comment

Hi Ninjatech...I'm new here, also in OKC. Shoot at H&H and Banner road for long guns.

Comment

Hello everybody! I am planning on getting my first gun. I have decided on the Bersa Thunder 380. I got my eye on the matte with nickel accents. Originally from Broken Arrow, now settled in Edmond.

I am a shooting noob. Recently my father-in-law took me to Heartland to shoot. He had me shoot a FEG PA-63 .380, and I did the best with that. I had an absolute blast. Can't wait to get the Bersa, and this forum has played a large part in my decision on my first gun. ...the price helps too.
                        Last edited by OKCLee; 06-03-2012, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat & the Bersa pistols. Their .380 is a good start on your way to having a house full of them. If you'll browse the forum, you'll find a lot of advise about cleaning & lubing before the first range trip. It is strongly recommended, including the magazine. You'll find slide shows on disassembly of the mag in the FAQs section. Remember, the little end of the recoil spring goes on the barrel first & the 'cut' at the other end goes at 12:00.

FMJ (ball) ammo for break-in & stay away from steel cased ammo. Winchester White Box & Sellior & Bellot ammo seem to cause the most problems during break-in.
                          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Howdy, OKCLee! I graduated at Edmond High School (which is now Edmond Memorial High) in '64. A great town and great people (just a few knuckleheads.) Keep in mind what mitchr said and I hope you and your Bersa spend many happy times together--and no scary ones.
                            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                              Welcome to Bersa Chat & the Bersa pistols. Their .380 is a good start on your way to having a house full of them. If you'll browse the forum, you'll find a lot of advise about cleaning & lubing before the first range trip. It is strongly recommended, including the magazine. You'll find slide shows on disassembly of the mag in the FAQs section. Remember, the little end of the recoil spring goes on the barrel first & the 'cut' at the other end goes at 12:00.

FMJ (ball) ammo for break-in & stay away from steel cased ammo. Winchester White Box & Sellior & Bellot ammo seem to cause the most problems during break-in.
                              Yeah, I've been lurking on this forum for a couple weeks now. Such a wealth of info here. That offers some peace-of-mind should anything go wrong, like the decocker problem. I'm planning on getting Blazer Brass for the break-in period.

I need to find some good instruction for the initial cleaning, for the cosmoline stuff. ::off to the cleaning and maintenance sub-forum::

Comment

Working...
                              X