Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Okie Newby

48 rounds with 6 nose-up misfeeds. Went with a good friend who bought a similar Bersa the same day as I, so we where able to compare the two guns. It appears that the barrel was not fully seated into the frame.... leaving a gap between the chamber and the ramp. The gun came from Davidson's, so the dealer I bought from shipped it back for replacement today and I'll get a new one on Tuesday.

This is my first semi-auto so I gained some good experience today. When it was working I felt comfortable with the gun... groups where acceptable and racking the slide was not an issue... (arthritis really bad in the hands and wrists). I'm happy with my choice and look forward to getting my replacement. Service thus far is second to none.

Comment

Sorry you had a problem, but Davidson's will take care of it.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Another Oklahoma boy here. I'm an older fella, retired, and a disabled veteran. My wife and I have been married 39 years, and been together for 41. We have a son and a daughter....... I/we have been Bersa Thunder 380 owners for quite some time now... Both my wife and myself, as well as our daughter in law, carry a Bersa Thunder 380 as our concealed carry pistol... Altho it was difficult for me to "wean" my wife off her S&W .38 Spec. revolver, she started carrying the Bersa when she found that she simply shot it more accurately.
        Last edited by Mongojoe; 10-18-2016, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Mongojoe. Marty, my wife, got a Rossi .38 Spec & a holster for it, but also seems to be a bit more accurate with her Bersa .380s.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thank you mitchr... Speaking of Rossi... We keep a Rossi .357 Mag. tucked in the drawer of our bedside table...... Actually, the Rossi is also my wife's gun. Several years ago I was at a local gun shop having a shotgun worked on, and she was, I thought, just killing time looking over the case of handguns... But, as we walked out she said, "Did you get the shotgun fixed? ... By the way, I bought a new gun. I hope you don't mind." She is the daughter of an old cowboy, and was a hunter/shooter when we met... It makes it easier when I come wagging in a new gun, because she is guilty of doing that from time to time herself... In fact, just recently she came in with a new little Kel-Tec P3AT, and an ankle holster, and said, "They were on sale at DONG'S, and I just couldn't resist. I figured I'd rather have this than a new recliner... You don't mind, do you?"...... Ya gotta love her!

Comment

Welcome, Mongojoe! I still get back to my Oklahoma stompin' grounds every couple of years to see the family stragglers who didn't leave with me. We still debate on who made the better choice....and yeah, I'm outnumbered.
              Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Marty refuses to go to gun shops with me, anymore. Last time, she bought one even though she didn't plan on it. The guy was showing me one & she took a likin' to it.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Thanks for the Welcome, gun sane.... Well, other than a bit of time in college, a couple years more in the Army, and a time just "seeing the country", I've lived here in the same little Northeast Oklahoma town all my life... In fact, I now live in the same house I was born to and raised in.... After my parents passed I inherited this little house, and I figured it beat paying rent, like we were, so my wife and I, and our kids, moved in... So...pretty much this little house has been my home for 65+ years now.

Comment

I understand what you're saying, Mongojoe. For about 13 years my whole world was the Oklahoma City area, particularly Midwest City, and Lake Texhoma where we fished during Labor Day weekend at my uncle's cabin. All the other places in the world were just stories and pictures in books and on TV. It's hard to recognize the area when I visit now. But I'm just as fond of East Tennessee as I ever was of Oklahoma. I've been up around Tulsa twice in my life. We got rained out on a fishing trip to Lake Tenkiller with some family friends over 50 years ago. Then about 10 years ago the Princess and I visited a small Indian church in Broken Arrow. It's one of the prettiest areas of Oklahoma I've seen and I'm sure you're blessed with a great heritage.
                    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Welcome neighbor for the great state of Texas. My favorite niece, wife's side of the family, lives in Chickasha.
                      ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
                      "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
                      Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Comment

Thank You VSPA... I've been to Chickasha a time or two, but that was some time back... I'm a Pawhuska boy myself.... And, gun sane, I do understand when you say, " It's hard to recognize the area when I visit now" ... Heck, even this little town I live in is sometimes difficult for me to recognize, and I've lived here pretty much all my life... But, it is NOTHING like the little town I grew up in back in the '50's and '60's... About the only thing that is still the same is the name.

Comment

I grew up in Shreveport, La., but only go there when I go to the VA. I wouldn't revisit my old neighborhood without use of an armored vehicle!

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                          X