California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

California

Man.... a guy goes into the hospital for a week, and when he gets back you've all moved away..Oh...Wait I forgot, I'm from California, that explains it. I was excited about the new site until I realized it's S.O.S.D.D. same old stuff differant day. Me ? just another old ex-cop, ex-fireman, ex-phych tech, (hosp for the criminaly insane), ex-Chef, ex-Calif. certified blaster, current short haul trucker....Oh ya..also lifelonge biker, H.D.s, Honda,Yamaha,Susi's,Kawas, Bultaco, Montessa, yada.yada.yada.

Big D, It's great news that you came out of the hospital! What did they try and do, implant a liberal chip in your brain? :) Glad you found us!
    Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
    Ayn Rand

Comment

California

Hello,

Checking in from Tehachapi, Kern County.

Billy

Comment

Re: California

Welcome to Bersa Chat, aerosick.
        Hang on and enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by aerosick View Post
          Hello,

Checking in from Tehachapi, Kern County.

Billy
          Welcome. I'm in Pahrump now, from Ridgecrest.
          God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Comment

Re California

I'm in the middle of my 10 day waiting period for my 1st Bersa...a lil 380 Thunder Duotone. To buy it I had to show driver's license, handgun safety cert. (which expires at the end of the year and I'll have to re-take the test and pay more gun tax), proof of residency in the state (because their own DL's aren't reliable)? Now, can you guess which western state I'm in? Could it be....California?? Don't get me wrong, I was born and raised just north of L.A. In my heart it is still the best state in the union EXCEPT for the social and political decay which is now rancid. I love the coastline, I do building and pool maintenance, the outdoors, old b&w movies, and of course shooting. I'm mainly a rifle guy though. Looks like I'm starting to ramble. A member of TFL recommended this site so here I am. Hello.
            Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Well welcome. This a weird bunch . Most are a little off the rocker , some have turned it over, and a few just insane . But were family .So look around and enjoy you self. Watch out ,for mason, he's one who really off the rocker. Thinks he's Dear Abby in spandex . Has a thing for potatoes . His side kick is a Birdbrain called Parrotheadmadness A truly dangerous pair. Never a sane thought between them
              Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:11 AM.
              Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

Welcome aboard. 10 day wait? Ug. In protest for you I might just go to the store tomorrow and buy 10 handguns!! (or more).:p
                Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:10 AM.

Comment

Welcome, Beach Brat, to a fun forum with lots of great info about Bersa guns. I bot two in the last month - BT380 DuoTone with Crimson Tide laser in the handle. A jot to fire and very accurate. My wife, when she finally fires it, will love the fact that a bullet follows the laser trail. I think you'll love it to.

One tip, when reassembling it, be sure the smaller end of the spring is over the barrel. This small difference is not very noticeable but proper placement is critical.
                  Jesus said, "And the one who has no sword must sell his cloak and buy one." Luke 22:36 Also, "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own homestead, his possessions are undisturbed" Luke 11:21

Comment

Well, thank you all. All the voices in my head say I'm in great company here.

Comment

I know those voices...
                      Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Well, this looks like a dead thread... no one's posted on this thread for almost 2 years. I know Bersa's are not a prominent gun in California, only the Thunder 380 is CA approved, so I cannot even see or touch a BT22, or a Bersa in 9mm, 40, or 45, or any of the other versions of the 380. Oh well, maybe someday I'll talk my wife into moving... somewhere where we can buy and own all the guns we want....

Until then, anyone else here from the Sacramento area?
                        Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:12 AM.

Comment

You're probably right about just not being a lot of Bersa owners, plus a lot of gun owners don't join forums unless they have a problem & are looking for help. Maybe you could pass the word that owning a Bersa is not a requirement & lots of good info on here about other brands/platforms, not to mention that it is the home of the "Endless Hijacked Thread".
                          Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:13 AM.
                          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Hi from Riverside County; another .380 customer to go with my Sterling.
                            Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Welcome MSGT-R. Have you had it at the range yet?
                              Last edited by Reginald Carstairs; 08-01-2013, 11:14 AM.
                              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                              X