California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California

Hey all I'm mo! Just got a bersa firestorm 380, was looking for a thunder 380 cause I wanted that longer beavertail but oh well. I'm in Placerville ca

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat Mo. Yeah, the Firestorm is the only Bersa accepted by your leaders in California. Kinda odd 'cause the Thunder has an ILS & the Firestorm doesn't. Some prefer the goal post type rear sight & round trigger guard of the Firestorm.
      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome Mo. You will like that Firestorm.
        Come back when you can....this is a good forum.
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Howdy, morganearle! Welcome to Bersa Chat. Take what you can get out there and vote to bring sanity to government. And may you strike a bonanza of gold nuggets!
          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

hello.....leevining here....I've got a few firearms and just purchased a Bersa. Have admired them from a short distance, like their size, weight, and action. Like to know more from those that know more.....so here I am.......btw, not sure I'm "checking in" correctly, I'm sure I'll find out.....don't do forums much

leev

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat leevining. Your "check in" is fine. Being California, I'm assuming your Bersa is the Firestorm .380? Lots of info in the Bersa Chat Forum, the .380 sub forum. If you don't see the info you want, just ask.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Howdy, leevining! I remember visiting your fair city in my old Navy days. Do they still let sailors in?

Comment

mitchr & gs...thanks for the greet....it is indeed a 380 Firestorm, I started out looking for a 22lr(Ive got 1k+ rounds that are aging), but decided for my glovebox, day pack, or fishing creel a 380 might be better. I pick it up on the 22nd. Any preferences on clean to cleaner ammo mfgr?.....anybody here re-load? .....oh, is there a thread in here about breaking down and cleaning?.......I'll take some time when I can and browse around

thanks leev

Comment

You might browse through the threads in our Cleaning & Maintenance forum.

http://www.bersachat.com/forums/foru...intenance-Chat

Personally, I like Hoppes #9 Bore Cleaner (but not on nickle plated) for the bore, followed with Mobile One synthetic oil in the bore & ob rotating parts. I use CRC Brake Cleaner in the spray can to get into all the little crevices, including the firing pin channel, then blow it out with compressed air. The air isn't absolutely necessary, just takes longer for it to dry. I use Finish Line Dry Lube on the rails. It is a bicycle chain lube which protects from rust, lubricates, repels moisture & does not attract dust/dirt. 'Course, ask 10 people what they use & you'll likely get that many different answers.

As for ammo, avoid the steel cased ammo because of increased wear. We get most complaints of feeding issues with Winchester White Box & Sellior&Bellot (S&B). I like Federal Champion that Walmart stocks for clean burning & Federal Munitions on-line for price. It also shoots clean & if you catch their specials on no freight or flat rate freight, price is about as cheap as you'll find. Generally, don't load up on one brand of ammo until you find out if your pistol is picky.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by morgenearle View Post
                      Hey all I'm mo! Just got a bersa firestorm 380, was looking for a thunder 380 cause I wanted that longer beavertail but oh well. I'm in Placerville ca

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
                      Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Hello, I'm new here. I just bought a Bersa 380 firestorm. I loved how it felt in my hand at the store and I just took it out to the range a couple of days ago. It was fun to shoot. I was surprised however by the recoil, it 's a lot snapier than my 9mm glock and Beretta 92fs!

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat. They are a bit snappy.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome to one of the best websites in the now-free country, pistolero.

Originally posted by pistolero View Post
                            I was surprised however by the recoil, it 's a lot snapier than my 9mm glock and Beretta 92fs!
                            Which should put to rest any questions about its punch. The .380 ACP is my standard carry.

Comment

Originally posted by pistolero View Post
                              Hello, I'm new here. I just bought a Bersa 380 firestorm. I loved how it felt in my hand at the store and I just took it out to the range a couple of days ago. It was fun to shoot. I was surprised however by the recoil, it 's a lot snapier than my 9mm glock and Beretta 92fs!
                              Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Comment

OK I just signed up from North Coastal CA. Got my Bersa Firestorm the other day, (Sportsman Warehouse - great deal.) Waiting 10 days wasn't a problem, fired some 60 rounds at the local range and looking for good ammo at the best price. Again Sportsman Warehouse has 380 copper on sale. Just ordered a Baby upLula to save my thumb and patience and get more than 5 rounds in the magazine. This is the first weapon i've fired since leaving the army (M-1,M-16 & .45) many, many moons ago. Had a little .32 before that. This Bersa feels powerful enough for home protection. Just want to make a comment bout California: I love it. If you're scared the liberals are gonna getcha' there are plenty of places to hide. If you think the right wingers are gonna getcha there are plenty of places to hide. Me: I'm a social liberal and an economic conservative but ever since high school I've been a G.D.I. (God D*mned Independent.) In my retirement, because i want the USA to succeed, my mission is to get the left and right to stop b*tching like a bunch of old ladies and learn to see the good in both. You know, united we stand departed we fall. I believe it. I don't believe in organized religions - the redwood forests are my church and the ocean cleans my brain - which often needs a good scrubbing. I play guitar and REALLY play after a toke or two. ;])

Comment

Working...
                                X