California

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California

Welcome to Bersa Chat Indy. Pull up a chair & stay a while.
    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Indy View Post
      OK I just signed up from North Coastal CA. Got my Bersa Firestorm the other day, (Sportsman Warehouse - great deal.) Waiting 10 days wasn't a problem, fired some 60 rounds at the local range and looking for good ammo at the best price. Again Sportsman Warehouse has 380 copper on sale. Just ordered a Baby upLula to save my thumb and patience and get more than 5 rounds in the magazine. This is the first weapon i've fired since leaving the army (M-1,M-16 & .45) many, many moons ago. Had a little .32 before that. This Bersa feels powerful enough for home protection. Just want to make a comment bout California: I love it. If you're scared the liberals are gonna getcha' there are plenty of places to hide. If you think the right wingers are gonna getcha there are plenty of places to hide. Me: I'm a social liberal and an economic conservative but ever since high school I've been a G.D.I. (God D*mned Independent.) In my retirement, because i want the USA to succeed, my mission is to get the left and right to stop b*tching like a bunch of old ladies and learn to see the good in both. You know, united we stand departed we fall. I believe it. I don't believe in organized religions - the redwood forests are my church and the ocean cleans my brain - which often needs a good scrubbing. I play guitar and REALLY play after a toke or two. ;])
      Hello and welcome from Indiana! When I was in the military, many moons ago also, I always enjoyed my time in California...its just all jacked up because of all the empty cans (they rattle the most).

On a different note. If your looking for a decent self defense load for your Bersa .380, then check out the Remington 88 grain JHP. It is a fairly hot load with a good round nose on the bullet...feeds well in my Bersas.

Comment

Hello...Anybody home? I just joined the BersaChat Forum. I purchased a Bersa-made Firestorm 3 months ago as my concealed carry weapon.
        It is a very serviceable weapon, great price and reliable. I did purchase the Magula Thunder magazines as the follower is metal while the Firestorm's is plastic.
        I did have feeding problems (double feed) with the plastic followers. Since I swapped it out, the pistol functions perfectly.

I intend to purchase Crimson Trace Laser grip, even though I will lose the molded finger grips that are standard on the original grips.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat & my condolences for the Firestorm being the only Bersa available in California. For carry, the rubber grips, that come with it, can can be a problem for concealed carry because of the cover garment clinging to it. The Crimson Trace grips don't seem to have that problem. You can also mount any of the grips which Eagle Imports shows for the Thunder .380.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Welcome to the club Trojan.....These Bersa/Firestorms are near perfect carry for me....I live on the Gulf Coast. These 380's are easy to conceal.
            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. Yep the PRC (Peoples Republic of California) folks in Sacramento have really stuck it to us when it comes to pistols and the Approved Handgun List by the DOJ.
              I looked over a lot of pistols in the .380/9mm/40 S&W calibers. Sig makes a nice .380, but the only model available to California citizens is their stainless model which is too heavy without ammunition and expensive. Read and saw a lot of reviews on-line and the Firestorm came out as the winner. I have an Bianchi otw holster.
              If I could have any other concealed carry weapon, I would pick the new release of the Colt Cobra in 38 special. It's beautiful, but unavailable as Colt won't sell firearms into California.

I look forward to reading posts from fellow Firestorm users.

Comment

Originally posted by 1Trojan74 View Post
                Hello...Anybody home? I just joined the BersaChat Forum. I purchased a Bersa-made Firestorm 3 months ago as my concealed carry weapon.
                It is a very serviceable weapon, great price and reliable. I did purchase the Magula Thunder magazines as the follower is metal while the Firestorm's is plastic.
                I did have feeding problems (double feed) with the plastic followers. Since I swapped it out, the pistol functions perfectly.

I intend to purchase Crimson Trace Laser grip, even though I will lose the molded finger grips that are standard on the original grips.
                Hello and welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Working...
                X