This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 acp test results using a P-32

Golden Loki has shut down but his tests of 32 ammo thru a KelTec are still good. He never got around to testing a DPX in 32. I still carry the 32JHP Corbon in my 32's. Ammo shortage has made finding 32DPX impossible . I had order in at Corbon for 2 months then cancelled.

any way You will see other than Corbon most HP's suck in a P-32

http://web.archive.org/web/201303201...p/gel32acp.htm
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Re: 32 acp test results using a P-32

Check last week Corbon had 32 DPX in stock I don't have money in stock
    Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

I'm fine with 71gr FMJ in my P-32 sometimes I put a Corbon Pwrball HP in the chamber.

Comment

I've been thinking for awhile now about rotating out the Hornady 60gr XTP that's in my sometimes carried Tomcat, and whether I should again get HPs or just go with FMJ. I know there are some who think anything .380 and below should use FMJ for SD ammo and go for the penetration.

In my case if I were to use .22lr or .25 for SD (I wouldn't) it would be with FMJ, and in .380 and above I would and do use HPs. But with 32ACP out of the 2.4" barrel Tomcat I'm not sure if I'm better off going with HPs for expansion or FMJs for penetration.

Comment

Do like I do. First round is Hollow Point and rest are FMJ.

Comment

Originally posted by cluznar View Post
            Do like I do. First round is Hollow Point and rest are FMJ.
            Or don't.

What's the finest 32acp pistol ever made? It's a Seecamp. You'll note if you ever play with one that you can't even fit FMJ in the mag. The pistol was designed around Winchester Silver Tips. Myself, I tend to stick with Gold Dots.
            No one ever in the history of ever can successfully argue an FMJ is a better bullet for self defense than a good HP. If they try, make sure your BS detector is set to high because you're likely getting some splashed on you.

You'll hear "But, but, but, the FBI says this many inches!" with tears running down their face. So did some of the women I dated in the 80's. Im secure enough to carry a 32, stand tall. The FBI also uses 40's and 9's. You're not playing in their sandbox.

You'll hear "But, but, but what about rimlock!" again said with a sob and sniffle. Get a shim for the back of your mag or choose a longer OAL round. Engineering today is pretty amazing.

You'll hear "But, but, but hollow points don't expand reliably in 32!" by now melting down like the kid in the video defending Britney Spears. Guess what? A hollow point fails to expand, there's your FMJ. It's like a broken escalator, now it's stairs. Don't be that guy that stands there all day between floors in the no gun zone mall. Grab your bag and walk on up (your shopping bag).
            "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

A hollow point fails to expand, there's your FMJ.
              Good point. Think I'll just go ahead and replenish with DPX or GDHP, whichever I find first.

Certainly don't want to be the guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kq65aAYCHOw

Comment

When a hollowpoint doesn't work it's still as good as a FMJ. I never had a rimlock issue with my P32 using Winchester Silver Tips but if I was still carrying it I would probably load it HP in the pipe and top of mag followed by good hot FMJ's.

Comment

[QUOTE. It's like a broken escalator, now it's stairs][/QUOTE]

Really. Last time that happened I stood right their and screamed for help. Finely Fire Department show up and recued me . Fireman bitched all the way down about how heavy I was. I sued the store for faulty dangerous equipment putting my live in Danger. Also Fire Department for their foul mouth employee calling me a fat lard as$ and for leaving my personal property at risk . I had 10 bowling balls in a duffle bag. He refused to go back and get those. I now refuse to use those dangerous things .
                  Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Originally posted by jpshaw View Post
                    When a hollow point doesn't work it's still as good as a FMJ. I never had a rimlock issue with my P32 using Winchester Silver Tips but if I was still carrying it I would probably load it HP in the pipe and top of mag followed by good hot FMJ's.
                    I got rimlock once Using that sorry Winchester excuse for ball ammo . Install rim lock kit and no trouble . Winchester is same OAL as their HP . Now couple company's making HP same OAL as ball. Rimlock can happen Kel Tec I think has stopped making rimlock kit. But directions can be found for DIY on internet.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Both my Kel Tec P-32 and Bersa .32 shoot very well with FMJ so I'll stick to that. I can place shots very well from 1 to 30 feet (which is all I practice) with both guns.

Comment

My wife has a P32 on order, so I need to buy some 32acp FMJ. Our LGS has plenty of Sellier & Bellot 73gr without a price tag. I guess if you have to ask, then you can't afford it. I like the idea of a JHP in the chamber with all FMJ in the magazine to avoid rimlock. Fiocchi XTP seems to be the best, but I am open to opinions.

Comment

Ok the best way to load and no rimlock if HP wanted . Is HP chamber and top round in mag rest ball. No rimlock worry and 2 HP up first. Then ball .
                          Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

I'm not convinced that JHP is any more effective than FMJ in this small of bullet. I know what the tests say, but out of my P32 I want the most penetration and reliability I can get so its FMJ for me.

Comment

Forget the FBI BS Its a 32 not a 40 , 9mm 45 or 357 We carry for SD . Not shooting thru windshields, car doors, walls ,and what ever else. They shoot thru. Border Patrol who are really in lot more gun fights than FBI . Say 10" is fine. .
                              Your object is to drive off the attacker, not kill him. If he dies , well that on him. Your just using for Self defense. So majority of your shots will be up close and face to face . Heart and other organs are around 4" or so in side of chest . 32HP will reach their or head shot . Better chance with a HP as ball might skip off.

I have seen 45 ball that did that . Was in on arrest of a guy shot 5 times, leg ,belly, and chest with 45 ball. 3 went clean thru . He lived and was arrested nearly 30 miles away in hospital. Where his parents had brought him. This was when HP were just starting to be seen on market . Most people were still packing ball. 32,380 and 9mm had reputation as terrible guns for SD Because of the over penetration issue . Now we have HP and still people went to shoot over penetration rounds That just bore a hole clean thru pushing organs out of way and wound closes behind .The 38 spl 158 gr LRN was called a widow maker They weren't referring to the BG shot with them . But to the police killed using them.

I rather have a bullet that stays inside the target . If it expands well that a plus . If doesn't but remains inside target that better I think. Then passing clear thru and possible hitting another person.

Just my 02 I haven't stayed at Holiday Inn in couple years either..
                              Certified Armed Infidel

"Just say "Lay A Way"

Comment

Working...
                              X