Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KelTec owners you need to practice

Originally posted by cluznar View Post
    I never practice at farther than 21 feet because gun fights are from 1 to 21 feet. Mostly 1 to 10 feet.

I can't practice draw and shoot as I only have an indoor range to shoot in. They don't allow it. But I will be putting some rounds thru my P-32 again soon. Luv that little gun.

My grandfather, b.1914, was a choral/operatic singer for awhile, something he always went back to throughout his life. He used to tell me that if you wanted to train your voice properly, you'd EXAGGERATE....that is, demand more from your voice than what would be considered normal. More volume. More falsetto. More range. Stretch! And when the time came to really sing a "normal" tune you'd be ready.

Comment

Originally posted by FeloAmerikanski View Post
      My grandfather, b.1914, was a choral/operatic singer for awhile, something he always went back to throughout his life. He used to tell me that if you wanted to train your voice properly, you'd EXAGGERATE....that is, demand more from your voice than what would be considered normal. More volume. More falsetto. More range. Stretch! And when the time came to really sing a "normal" tune you'd be ready.
      That would come in handy if you're screaming for help rather than defending yourself.
      Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
        That would come in handy if you're screaming for help rather than defending yourself.

Har HAR de har HAR, Norton!
        But you DO get the moral of the story?

Comment

IMO the Kel-tec pocket pistols have an effective range of about 7 yards and a maximum range of about 15 yards.

In my experience with the P32 and P3AT due to the small sights and loooong trigger 15 yards is the limit for consistent hits on a torso. At 25 yards it's 50/50 hitting a man-sized torso at all.

7 yards is good for the center-of-mass types hits that are desired. (six inch groups and smaller)

They are what they are.

Comment

Just fired my new, to me, P-11 on Monday. Nice little gun. Makes my hand hurt, but everything was in the 9 or 10 ring at ten yards. Trigger pull does take some getting used to.
            Truth be told, I still prefer my Makarov. More pleasant to fire and much easier to rapidly put three in the 10.
            The P-11 will live in my car.

Comment

The Warden sold her Bersa to buy a Ruger LCP, because of peer pressure.

Had trouble shooting the Ruger, so she bought a Kel Tec PF-9. Even with the long trigger pull, she's good with it!

So now I need to find a way to trade the LCP towards another Bersa! Or else sell the 1k plus rounds of .380 ammo.

The fun never stops.
              Last edited by Tophog; 11-04-2017, 12:13 AM.
              God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Comment

I hope you find another Bersa Tophog. I have been carrying my BT380 or BT380 Plus nearly every day for the last few weeks. Something about how comfortable they are when carrying.

Comment

What holster do you use to carry the Thunder Plus?

Comment

Man Tophog, just the thousand rounds of .380 Auto is worth keeping the LCP. I have two LCP's, and I can shoot the little guns just fine....surprised your wife found it hard to handle.

Comment

Working...
                    X