Sub2K!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sub2K!!!

I've always kinda wanted one, just because. The Gen2 models do have definite improvements over the earlier one, but not enough to make me buy one. Then after having so much fun with my Rossi R92 lever action .357 I figured pistol caliber carbines really are fun, so I thought more seriously about getting a Sub2K. But I didn't have any of the pistols it shares mags with, so I couldn't decide which to get.

Well, then I decided to be an M&P guy, and found out that one version of the Sub2K takes M&P 9mm mags. It was like the clouds parted and the sun shined down. Went to Wikiarms.com, found one for Sub 500, and after deliberating for a few minutes, clicked and bought it.

I picked it up today. The one mag it ships with is a Pro Mag but I've had decent luck with their stuff so we shall see how well it runs. I may get a couple of their 32-rounders if all goes well.
    Attached Files
    Certified Armed Infidel
    كافر

Re: Sub2K!!!

Sweet!!! Iv'e wanted 1 too. How does the Sud2K shoot at 100 yards?
    Certified Armed Infidel Willing and Able ISIS Eliminator!!!!

Comment

It's not an easy shooter. The trigger started out very stiff, but loosened up and felt good after 150 rounds. It's very compact, so getting a good cheek weld where you can make use of the peep sight is a challenge. I need to adjust the sight, since it hit about 2-3" below point of aim at 20 yards. When I get a chance to shoot it farther I will.

It really begs for a red dot, but when you fold it the optic would have to come off. There is an adapter you can get that swings to the side or something, sounds too complicated for me.
      Certified Armed Infidel
      كافر

Comment

I've said it on more than one occasion, I wish Bersa, or another builder under license, would produce a 9mm carbine that would use the mags from the 9UC and/or 9HC mags. If such were to occur at a reasonable price range, I'd be buying instead of looking. As a non hunter, it makes a whole lot of sense on the consolidating of calibers. That being said, I have been eyeballing the Hi Point 995TS version even though it would mean buying a few extra mags. Recently read an online review of the 3895TS, 380 version, and it appears that it too is a nice one to fire. Both in their basic format or well priced at under $300.
        ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
        "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
        Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Comment

Originally posted by VSPA View Post
          I've said it on more than one occasion, I wish Bersa, or another builder under license, would produce a 9mm carbine that would use the mags from the 9UC and/or 9HC mags. If such were to occur at a reasonable price range, I'd be buying instead of looking. As a non hunter, it makes a whole lot of sense on the consolidating of calibers. That being said, I have been eyeballing the Hi Point 995TS version even though it would mean buying a few extra mags. Recently read an online review of the 3895TS, 380 version, and it appears that it too is a nice one to fire. Both in their basic format or well priced at under $300.
          You won't regret a 995TS purchase and they just plain work and mags are cheap enough. Accurate, cheap and reliable and just plain fun to shoot. I will likely add the 45acp version at some point as well. Waiting for Bersa to come out for a carbine may be a LONG wait.
          Certified Armed Infidel .
          WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
          45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

Originally posted by gtgeorge View Post
            .You won't regret a 995TS purchase ...................Waiting for Bersa to come out for a carbine may be a LONG wait.
            Yeah!, That pretty much a given, but it does no harm to wish, but that's why I seriously looking at the 995 even though it will be more a toy than for SD. I'm seeing the 995 listed at $288 with free shipping. The 3895 is going for $264.
            ✟✟✟ USAF, Retired (Aka-9UC)
            "...and HE said..."he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one". Luke 22:36
            Life Mbr: VFW, DAV, VVA, VSPA, NRA,

Comment

Originally posted by VSPA View Post
              Yeah!, That pretty much a given, but it does no harm to wish, but that's why I seriously looking at the 995 even though it will be more a toy than for SD. I'm seeing the 995 listed at $288 with free shipping. The 3895 is going for $264.

Hate to twist your arm but what are you waiting for :) Looking forward to your experience when you get one. I wouldn't rule it out as an SD bedside gun either.
              Certified Armed Infidel .
              WARNING: All my ammo contains bacon grease for a one way ticket to hell!
              45/70 when Bacon is still on the hoof. Here Piggie Piggie and ISIS pigs.

Comment

At first blush (and believe me, I do a lot of that), I scoffed at the idea of a .380 carbine. When you can have the punch of a 9mm, .40 or .45 ACP, being milked for all it's worth out of a 16-inch barrel, why would you opt for a measly .380 to do the same job? But then I remembered that I'm an old codger who is transgendering into an old geezer with every passing day, which simply means that anything that is quieter and less damaging to the ears and interior walls could be just what is needed for satisfactory Better Homes and Gardens defense. With this little Hi-Point popper, you could effectively dispatch an intruding threat with far less noise and cleanup, so that the wife can get back to her TV soap opera in less time than it takes to wipe the toilet bowl. And, at a measly price of $264, you can have this dependable carbine for about the same price as a Shark vacuum cleaner. I'm sold!
                Last edited by gun sane; 10-05-2016, 01:08 PM.
                Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

It kind of looks like the Sub2k has a part to swap to latch the different holes of various magazines, so if someone were to engineer a Bersa- or Ruger-compatible part, this might works with other double stack 9s.
                  Certified Armed Infidel
                  كافر

Comment

Very nice John.

I too have always wanted Sub2k, and it's my understanding that the ones that take Sig mags will also take CZ75 mags. That would be right down my ally as I have a plethora of CZ magazines. Maybe one day...

Comment

Gutdam sumbitch bit me. Trying to lock back the charging handle and forgot how much spring tension it's under. It slipped after only an inch of travel and caught my thumb.
                      Attached Files
                      Certified Armed Infidel
                      كافر

Comment

The Hi Point carbines are excellent rifles. I had one of the older Monkey guns for a couple years. If I were to buy another self defense carbine it would be another Hi Point. There now after market hi cap mags for the carbines.
                        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

That's not exactly a sucking chest wound you got there, John_R, but it does qualify for a Purple Thumb medal. We've got those on back order and don't know when we can present you one. For now, I hope the wound heals with a scar you can show and brag about.
                          Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
                            That's not exactly a sucking chest wound you got there, John_R, but it does qualify for a Purple Thumb medal. We've got those on back order and don't know when we can present you one. For now, I hope the wound heals with a scar you can show and brag about.
                            I've thus far avoided Garand Thumb, but have a case of Sub Thumb.
                            Certified Armed Infidel
                            كافر

Comment

John_R, a friend of mine at work, his name is Phil, has the Gen 2 Sub Rifle, and he has that "swing out" mount your talking about. I believe he has a low-powered scope on his though. I asked him if he had any problems with maintaining zero, once the scope was swung out and then put back in place, and he said it returns just fine with no loss of zero. He got it from some place called Midwest Industries.

Comment

Working...
                              X