No announcement yet.

I know almost NOTHING about knives, but my daughter wants to carry one at UNR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I know almost NOTHING about knives, but my daughter wants to carry one at UNR

There is yet another option. Tactical Pens. Google is your friend.

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SWPE...e-Tactical-Pen

Comment

Re: I know almost NOTHING about knives, but my daughter wants to carry one at UNR

I collect knives, especially bowies. I carry an SOG 4" blade, fast open knife. For self defense on a university campus, I like the idea of the comb combined with a pepper blaster, if legal. The pepper blaster shoots capsules of pepper as far as 15' away at over 90 mph. They cost about $ 40 and have a 4 year shelf life. It is not pepper spray, but much better. I believe they can be found on the Kimber website. Another consideration is a Gerber tactical pen. Made of steel, with a carbide tip, it presents a good self defense weapon, and excellent heavy pen. I carry one, bought it on Amazon.
      Life NRA, GOA, & LEAA. Member KS State Rifle Assn.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Grayson View Post
        I sense that you're tip toeing a bit... no need, I'm a nice guy, sometimes too nice. But if you jump on me, I will speak up. Your suggestion is a good one and I've had some professional training in Aikido (Akido? I don't remember, it all was 40 years ago ) and belonged to a Judo club as a teen. Your suggestion is a good one, but I don't see her interested enough or disciplined enough to successfully defend herself, she'd rather be "Instagramming" or hangin' with her "buds" than do what would be necessary to learn and use any martial arts.

I'm not really criticizing her too much either, most kids are are as lazy as they can get away with and so was I up to a point , I preferred hangin out in the garage with my Dad working on his 1946 Jeep CJ-2A or my '67 Cougar. I was a "motorhead" not a fighter. My daughter also has a SEVERE limitation that would likely prevent her from overcoming any attacker over 5 feet tall. She is SHORT!! And small, not fat either. I'm short, too but I'm still in the average height range for a male my age and build. She is UNDER 5 feet tall and around 95 lbs. I think martial arts is not her solution, but I do like your suggestion, thanks.

You might not believe it, but Chuck Norris is one of my heros....no...seriously, I watch "Walker, Texas Rangers" every night! I also liked his TV shows because they were ALWAYS clean and the kids could watch them. I even had a "Total Gym" for a while... Chuck could do anything well, but I could do something I'd bet money that he couldn't: I could drive and shift a Road Ranger 13 speed all day as smooth as an automatic in a Cadillac using the clutch only when stopping and starting! Take that, Chuck! HAH!!!
        I am right at 5 foot, female and almost 50. I took martial arts for several years as an adult. I partnered with a man 6 foot 8. One time he got me mad and i managed to kick him in the head. Dont think she can not protect herself against an assailant because of ber size. Now i am older but know i would fully surprise anyone attacking me. Depends on where i am as to if i carry my gun knife or at work mace. Firzt thing first is i have to know i dont pause and lose my weapon.
        Certified Armed infidel!!

Comment

Working...
        X