X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR scope

I bought this.....
    http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=117862

its on my AR. I am having an issue... because the length between the rings is fixed. How can I order a scope and know it will fit?

that is all

this is one of the scopes I am considering. I can then use for HD & for Coyotes. I want it to have 1x zoom and adjustable up. more than 30mm for light gathering at night(coyotes). shots from 20 - 150 yards.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct...tNumber=541109

that is all

Comment

Best to buy a scope you can hold in your hands and check it. That means a real dealer and he will maybe mount and bore sight it for free Mine does. Mail order is not the answer. Face to Face is better
      Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

It appears the rings are 3.2" ring to ring, looks like the scope would fit. Can you pull up a schematic of the scope?
        Don't worry about the guns, send lawyers and money.

“The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident, which everyone has decided not to see.”
        Ayn Rand

Comment

maybe I can ask the mfg for the specs....

that is all

Comment

Ah but MT if you go to the local dealer and actually see and touch the product, you remove all the excitement and fun of wondering whether it will all work. I do prefer to go to a local dealer when ever possible.
            Once I was young and stupid. Now that I am no longer young-----

Comment

i often go to LGS first..... then find it cheaper over the net.....then see if i can get LGS to come close enough in price that its worth it to me to support local economy..if not i get it online
              Barack Obama is the first politician I have ever known that has met or exceeded every one of my expectations. As bad as I thought he would be, I truly had no idea.

Comment

And if doesn't work or broke then the hassle of trying to do something over internet. I don't buy over internet unless I know the seller Like UBG Dealer id my choice If I pay a little more. Well I can bitch face to face can't do that with a key board.
                Certified Armed Infidel

“Those who make peaceful revolution impossible, make violent revolution inevitable.” John F. Kennedy.

John Bernard Books: I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. Words to live by.

The purpose of the pistol is to stop a fight that somebody else has started, almost always at very short range.-Jeff Cooper

11,997 posts on the original Bersa Talk Still the King on total posts.

"Just say "Lay A Way"

"WWJBD" What Would James Bond Do?

SECURE our borders ,DEPORT all illegals STOP IMPORTATION OF HOMELESS MUSLIMS

TIME TO TAKE BACK AMERICA !

Comment

With adjustable power scopes, it's extremely important to get one with parallax adjustment. This scope does not appear to have that feature. You can tell because there will be an adjustment ring round the end of the objective.

Comment

Originally posted by Bones View Post
                    With adjustable power scopes, it's extremely important to get one with parallax adjustment. This scope does not appear to have that feature. You can tell because there will be an adjustment ring round the end of the objective.
                    wow thanks! I forgot to check on this

that is all

Comment

found this...

http://www.truglosights.com/images/S...ifications.pdf

Bones, it does have a focus on the end...

that is all

Comment

Originally posted by Pokeman View Post
                        found this...

http://www.truglosights.com/images/S...ifications.pdf

Bones, it does have a focus on the end...
                        The one you mention is TG8516BHX and is NOT listed as parallax adjustable. I bought a centerpoint at walmart which does adjust, but it's big and heavy and I think I'd be better off with a fixed power scope. I tried several adjustable power scopes without parallax adjustment and they all suck big time unless you're shooting 100 yards.

There are three on that chart marked "parallax adjustable".

Comment

When I was researching scopes for my AR I continually ran into good reports on the Weaver V-3 1X3 variable with duplex reticle. The specs and price are here: http://www.opticsplanet.net/weaver-r...ng-849400.html

Jer

Comment

I run a Nikon Pro-something-or-other(6000 series, I forget). It's 3-9x40, pretty bright and has the parallax adjustment. What I like about it it the bullet drop reticle. Once I learned how to use it, reaching out and touching something was a breeze. Mounted it on a Savage .308 but I could just as easily mount it to my AR flat top if I wanted to. Needs screwdriver for adjustments. I think I paid a tad over $120.00 for it.

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

I have the same scope, TuxAir. Called a "Pro-Staff". I have it set up in Burris Tactical rings for my AR. Worked out nicely. Really like the bullet drop reticle, too.

Comment

Working...
                              X