Western Auto Revelation Model 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Western Auto Revelation Model 100

The Mrs picked up a Revelation Model 100 .22 today. Here's what I know about it. It was probably manufactured by Mosberg. They were sold in Western Auto stores. It's a single shot bolt action rifle and it's old. It doesn't have a serial number, so I am going to guess it may be next to impossible to date. I don't think the scope is original. Anyone know anything about these?

1655782_10201602592251998_735579670_o.jpg

1795191_10201602592211997_1139334390_o.jpg

Re: Western Auto Revelation Model 100

Originally posted by Soren View Post
    Anyone know anything about these?
    Yes. The Revelation Model 100 single bolt action single-shot rifle was sold in Western Auto Supply Co. stores in .22 S-L-LR caliber. Those without serial numbers are next to impossible to date. Does that help?
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

^LOL!!^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Retired LEO
      NRA Member

Comment

It looks good.
        I bought a 16 ga single shot Revelation back when I was 14.....no background check, no parental permission. Things have changed.
        Back to the 22 rifle- It does look good. I scowered the net for a couple minutes and saw many references to this gun. One was a short video of a model 100 w/o a serial number. That one was made in 1935. Good luck=
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          Yes. The Revelation Model 100 single bolt action single-shot rifle was sold in Western Auto Supply Co. stores in .22 S-L-LR caliber. Those without serial numbers are next to impossible to date. Does that help?
          Wow! That's some amazing information right there. Not sure how you dug that up. laughing5_harhar.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Soren View Post
            Wow! That's some amazing information right there. Not sure how you dug that up. [ATTACH=CONFIG]5230[/ATTACH]
            Yeah, it's almost like he's psycho!
            God made the Garand!

USN Gunner's Mate 1976-80

Moderator - nevadashooters.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tophog View Post
              Yeah, it's almost like he's psycho!
              Now that you mention it, Mother and I have been thinking of owning a motel.
              Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

You are correct it is a Mossberg, it was sold from about 1930
                to about1965. In 1971 the revelation 120 was sold by Western Auto it was made by Marlin and was the predecessor for the Marlin 60.

My first single shot 22 rifle was bought at Western Auto new but it was stamped Winchester in 1953. And was purchased for me by my Stepfather for use on the farm.

Sent from the ZOO using Tapatalk 2
                In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                  In 1971 the revelation 120 was sold by Western Auto it was made by Marlin and was the predecessor for the Marlin 60.
                  The Revelation 120 wasn't a predecessor to the Model 60, it was a model 60. The Model 60 was introduced in 1960. I have a Foremost (JC Penney) version from 1969 as well as several Marlins and Glenfields. Best .22 ever made.

But I like yours too Soren, you can't have too many .22's.
                  "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I actually have one that I bought myself. You must remember when I bought this you didn't have to be 21 or 18 and could also buy a box of 22 bullets for 25 cents for shorts. I went to White"s Auto and Western Auto as we had both in town but Western Auto had the one I wanted and in my price range. I had saved my money working on the farm and wanted a 22 to shoot rabbits and squirrels and birds. I knew the owner of Western Auto and went to church with him also and when I was eleven(11) bought my gun from them still in the box. I will turn seventy on the 29 of this month. I still have the gun and it shoots just as good as it did then. It is not the best ever made but it was my first 22 and I will hand it down to one of my children, or my grandson. I have a lot of guns, but this one has a special place in my heart to me. No it does not have a serial number but i bought it in 1961 when I was 11 years old if that is any help at all. Oh, by the way, I paid less than $20 dollars for it.

Comment

Welcome to Bersa Chat eagleron. Nice story! I have an old Mossberg bolt action .410 my folks gave me for Christmas when I was not much older than that.
                      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Excellent Story Eagleron! Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                        X