.22 Mag Rifle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.22 Mag Rifle

I've been kicking around buying a .22 mag rifle. It would be used mostly for groundhogs and plinking.
    Since I shoot left handed I'm really not wanting a right hand bolt action and left hand bolt guns,
    if I could find one, would be difficult to sell if I ever decided to do so. Two rifles that have caught
    my interest are the CZ semi-auto and the Henry lever action. Anyone have experience with these
    weapons? Do you have any other suggestions?
    Montani Semper Liberi

Re: .22 Mag Rifle

Both of your choices eject out the right side.

The semi auto will eject across your face and possibly into your face.

The lever is manual and could be rolled slightly to eject somewhat downward or away from your face.

Just an idea you might look at a single shot breakover.

BTW I love my Henry .22mag ...I am ambidextrious but shoot it right handed.

regards jab
    Long story short, jab is a male.
    Active member in Bersa Forums since 03-13-2005.

Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

I have a Browning BLR and BAR that I've used for decades and the ejection has never been an issue.
      Also my AR-15 and AR-10 have not posed a problem for me. I don't anticipate either of these being
      any different so I'm willing to give one of them a try. Thanks for your reply. I'll put one vote down for the Henry.
      Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

I bought a Henry lever action 22mag several years ago. The Henry 22mag is a great rifle and a blast to shoot. Don't know what the current ammo situation is now, but it was very hard to find the past couple years. My #1 son-in-law has the Henry at this time. He loves it.
        TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Comment

Chances of finding the now no longer produced Right Hand version of the CZ 452 in 22 Magnum are low. But for some strange reason, there are still LEFT HAND 452's available. Get one while you still can!

If ya wait too long, they will go up in price and become scarce. But even then you could still get a 455 in .22 Magnum.

These are Bolt Actions with magazines, by the way. I can personally vouch for the 452's being great rifles.

Comment

The CZ 512 is the semi-auto that caught my interest. They have a standard model that comes with a
            beechwood stock and the American version that has a checkered walnut stock. Can get a higher
            capacity 10 round mag from CZ to backup the 5 rounder that comes with it.
            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

I hear good things about the CZ 512, but the 452 Bolt Action is the one I have. Love it. Savage also makes a semi-auto, but I don't know about it. One can spend a whole bunch of money getting a semi to do what Marlin semi-autos do out of the box. Might look for a Marlin 22 magnum.

Comment

Working...
              X