Completed my first AR build

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Completed my first AR build

Been a long time since I posted here. I'm all proud of myself so wanted to brag.

Finished my first AR build. Bought a parts kit and stripper lower from Palmetto State that was all on sale for Father's Day. It sat around unassembled until this past weekend. A friend and I went to his lake house on Lake Sinclair near Milledgeville, GA. Boated, floated, swam, got caught in a thunderstorm out on the boat, ate like kings, came up with a new drink we dubbed a "Milledgeville Donkey" (it's a play on a Moscow Mule), and put the rifle together. Was only about an hour and half to do it, and I can see being able to slap one together in about 30 minutes once you get well practiced. It was much easier than I anticipated.

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. That should happen this weekend, or next. As long as it runs fine, I might order another. Cost me a total of about $340 for everything needed. Had fun putting it together, so might need to make building them a hobby.

Cheers!

Re: Completed my first AR build

Fun, isn't it. I've done 3 15's and 2 ar 10's. One of the 10's from the barrel up.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

$340 for an AR15 is a helluva deal.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Oh man!.....wish I had the guts to try that. I may some day.

I pulled the engine and trans-axle out of a Renault R8 3 times one week end (by myself). I finally got it right. Pabst Blue Ribbon kept getting in the way. But I finally quit foolin' with the Cool Blue.... I have had enough of the evil elixir.

Perhaps its time to try a project like an AR?
        Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Don't know as I'd wanna use gun powder with a projectile in something I built.
          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

You gonna share components list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by JCLs View Post
              You gonna share components list?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              It was a kit similar to this: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16-m4-carbine-classic-fde-rifle-kit-516446389.html

I got it for a bit less than the $299 this one is now (still a decent price). Pretty sure it was one day special that I paid $199 for the kit on Father's Day? I don't remember exactly.

Then I ordered a stripped lower from PSA as well. I think it was this one: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-stealth-lower.html

This one is still $39.99. I think that's what I paid for it. I think shipping was free, and I paid the FFL fee for the transfer when I picked it up. I did also buy a magpul rear sight separate, 3-30 rd mags and a 10-rd mag, and ammo as well.

Mine's all ready to go now. It was really easy to put it together. My $340 total is based on quick estimate math in my head, but it's in that ball park.

Just gotta find time to get to an outdoor range. There's an indoor near me with a 100 yd rifle range, but it's mighty pricey to use, and I like the outdoor ranges better anyway, especially for rifles. I usually make a pit stop at a local farm roadside shop on the way to my favorite outdoor range, get some goodies and some of their homemade ice cream as well when I make runs to one particular range, but that range is closed for renovations right now, so I gotta find another one.

Comment

Sounds good OP! Do you have any pictures of the completed project?

Comment

Appreciate your sharing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Would really like to see what it looks like.

Comment

Working...
                    X