Bump stocks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bump stocks

This may have been already posted but didn't see it anywhere. And don't know if it is true, but I heard today that Bump Stocks are now illegal in the USA???
    TO BE UNARMED IS TO BE A VICTIM

Yep, you can't even posrss one as they are unapproved machine guns.
    W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
    NRA PATRON LIFE MEMBER

Comment

Does this put me in jeopardy? I own some nice rubber bands if you know where I'm coming from. Do I also have to cut the belt loops off of my pants too?

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

The bump stock thing is just an attention getter for the gun haters. They don't know anything about guns so any "evil" thing that comes along grabs their attention.

I don't have a bump stock and I never even wanted one until they talked about banning them. It just seems to me to be a way to waste more ammo. My grandson and great nephews can burn thru plenty of ammo with a Marlin 60, BT22, 9UC, or even Winchester 9422 without fancy gadgets to help!

Comment

Yep. Thanks to Trump's push for it and a reclassification ruling reversal by the BATF.
          Destroy or turn it in to local BATF office.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

President 43's surefire conservative SCOTUS chief just bumped hopes for the device toward the libbies.

https://www.weaselzippers.us/415407-...n-bump-stocks/
            Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

One theory I've read is this is a precedent for banning firearms, one piece at a time. This is first time a part has been classified as a "machine gun". Next, any trigger enhancement? Or maybe all semi autos?
              Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
                This is first time a part has been classified as a "machine gun".
                I don't think this is correct. A friend of mine has a machine gun sear (with the stamp) and I'm pretty sure he told me he can put it in two different firearms that he owns. One stamp, one sear and multiple applications.
                What is best in life? The open steppe, fleet horse, falcons at your wrist, and the wind in your hair.

Comment

I'm not sure if they're illegal in the entire US, but I know for sure Pittsburgh just had a preliminary vote on making them illegal. That vote passed. Believe they are voting again early April.
                  There are several Pro-gun groups all set to proceed with legal actions as municipalities don't have the authority do make such a decision.
                  This is the anti's stepping stone to further destroy our rights and freedoms.
                  They do all they can to stop legal ownership, yet when it comes to the criminals, they give them numerous plea bargains so they can go out and do it all over again!
                  They are destroying our America one stupid law at a time!!
                  (3) Bersa Thunder .380's
                  ≡≡≡1- Nickel Plated≡≡≡
                  ≡≡≡≡2- Duo Tone ≡≡≡≡
                  ≡≡≡3- Blued Deluxe≡≡≡
                  <And a 9rd mag for each>

تناول المزيد من لحم الخنزير المقدد

Comment

Anyone seen any info about when the jack boot thugs will be making the house to house inspections?
                    Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Bump stocks are not quite illegal yet; there is one more appeal pending. The Gestapo won't get involved until this last hurdle is cleared.

On a technical note: Legally, bump stocks are not and never have been "full autos". The legal definition of a full auto is a firearm that is capable of firing more than one round with a single pull of the trigger. The bump stock design is such that it enables the shooter to pull the trigger much faster than normal, but it still fires only one round per pull of the trigger and that is why the ATF allowed them in the first place. The effects of the two are pretty darn close, but the bump stocks do do not meet the legal definition and therefore are allowed under current laws. You'll notice that the anti-2nd folks and that traitorous s.o.b. Trump are pushing for a special new law/ ruling to make them illegal.

As for me, I'm getting old and cantankerous and can't think of a better way to go than defending my home against a combined JBT/Gestapo/ATF/FBI/SWAT assault. I would not start anything, but I also would not hesitate to defend myself if attacked.

However, I'm sure I'd be labeled as just another insane crackpot as the liberal crowd considers anyone with even a passing interest in firearms to be by their definition violently insane and should be put under the prison. Of course this would add considerably to the already over-crowded prison population, but no problem! - just release those poor, unfortunate souls who are only in there because they robbed/raped/murdered a few folks. With all of us locked away securely and all the real criminals loose, it just can't help but be a kinder, gentler, and safer world.

Actually, the instant label of violently insane for all firearm owners, etc.is a pretty good tactic - just label anyone who doesn't agree w/ you as insane/violent/white supremacist/neo-Nazi/Klan member/anti-government/etc. I can't image how they ever came up w/ something intelligent; it's just not their style.

Remember folks: If we make enough laws, we can ALL be criminals!

(Well, except for liberals, who, by their own definition, are always right and morally superior.)

Molon Labe!

I hereby relinquish my soapbox.
                      Last edited by wolfgang the gun doctor; 03-28-2019, 05:59 PM.
                      Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
                      http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
                      503-429-7342

Comment

A favorite passage from Ann Rand - Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Did you really think we want those laws observed?" said Dr. Ferris. "We want them to be broken. You'd better get it straight that it's not a bunch of boy scouts you're up against... We're after power and we mean it... There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. Who wants a nation of law-abiding citizens? What's there in that for anyone? But just pass the kind of laws that can neither be observed nor enforced or objectively interpreted – and you create a nation of law-breakers – and then you cash in on guilt. Now that's the system, Mr. Reardon, that's the game, and once you understand it, you'll be much easier to deal with.

Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I think you nailed it, bro! Even two THOUSAND years ago, our present situation was nicely summed up:

"The more numerous the laws, the more corrupt the government." - Tacitus (ancient historian, Roman orator, lawyer and Senator)
                          Last edited by wolfgang the gun doctor; 03-30-2019, 02:57 PM.
                          Wolfgang - The Gun Doctor
                          http://www.wolfgangthegundoctor.com/
                          503-429-7342

Comment

Probably going against the crowd here but bump stocks to me are like FPV in the RC hobby world, nothing but leading to trouble. But banning them is just government getting bigger. The right way to have handled them was for the gun organizations like the NRA to come out at the beginning and say they are a bad idea if for no other reason than they attract the wrong kind of attention, just like drones in the RC world. If something can be abused there will always be plenty of idiots who will abuse it'
                            Last edited by groberts; 03-30-2019, 06:12 AM.
                            Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Working...
                            X