PSA AK-47 GF3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by groberts View Post

No one "gun bashed" the weapon. But the OP was asked to keep his opinions about how good the weapon is to himself because he might hurt someone's feelings. At least that's what I read.
    Might want to re read.
    "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I keep thinking I should have some variant of the AK platform just because. The same way I now wish I had picked up a Mosin Nagant or two back when they were $100 or less. Hindsight really is 20/20 I suppose.
      "The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
        Hindsight really is 20/20 I suppose.
        No,,,,,,,,,, 2020 is still 2&1/2months in the future
        W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
        NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post
          Might want to re read.
          Thank you. I reread my original post and, as I sometimes do, I quoted the wrong post..
          Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

Been a very long time since I posted here but wanted to chime in on the AK. I have a Serbia made NPAP AK Style Rifle. Used to have a Century RAS47. Basically, I wanted one just to have it (have an AR as well).

I don't know what PSA uses, but I think the key is make sure the trunnion, bolt carrier, and a few other key parts in the receiver as made of good, quality steel. Some of the AK clones being produced in the States now are using softer, cast steel parts. They deform and fatigue easier, don't have the lasting power, and then the headspace opens up and the rifle decides to imitate a grenade. I traded my RAS47 for the NPAP because the NPAP used forged parts that are more robust and hold up better.

Rob Ski who runs the AK Operators Union, Local 47-74 runs a website and youtube channel where he reviews and torture tests different AK clones. I'm not sure if he's done the PSA47 Gen 3, but I know he's done prior gen's. He shoots 5k rounds through them, runs over them with trucks, tosses them in the river, fills 'em with sand, dumps out, shoots them to failure. Some brands consistently do better than others, a bunch don't complete test and the rifle fails completely.

Mine has the Russian style side lug to mount rails and optics from. It shoots 4-5 inch groups at 100 yards and is probably capable of better with a better shooter than me. I haven't tried it with more support other than my shoulder and a sandbag under the barrel on a wobbly table either. With open sights, it opens up a bit more, but still all on a pie plate. At 25 yards, it's nice and tight no matter what. Never had a failure of any kind with it. Might start taking it hog hunting one day, seems like with a 10 round mag and soft points, it would be pretty good at cutting the numbers in a sounder.

I like it, have considered selling it though. Especially if/when a dumba$$-crat gets elected president again. Value will skyrocket as they try to pass gun grabber laws. I might bite and make my money on it while I can, and invest in a Mini-30, Mini-14, or another AR.

Comment

Thanks for the post Waddams. Very good advice. The key parts on the PSA GF3 are forged and Rob Ski liked it. It has the side optic mount and I have a Sig Romeo5 red dot ready to mount. I'm looking forward to giving it a go.
              Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Hi Waddams, glad to see you posting again. Please chime in when you can.
                In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Krebbs Custom .... not junk

https://www.krebscustom.com/

Comment

I read this from the link RC posted on AR versus AK:

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
                    AK vs AR or AR vs AK

Actually, gun-bashing is in poor taste on any gun board and those who allow it to show disrespect to their members as a whole.

R.C.
                    Does this include Glocks?? I'm confused!

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post

Is a G***k a real gun??
                      Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post

Absolutely, Glock bashing stopped here a long time ago. Some make funny gestures like G***K. They talk about Glock leg witch is a true problem.

Bash the gun and it's the mods duty to remove the post. NO gun bashing on Bersa Chat.

Comment

I just don't like the feel of a Glock in my hand, but that's just me. I do like to pull Glock owners' chains, but that's all in fun.
                          Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Well the AK arrived at my FFL dealer. I high tailed it over there, opened the box and "good grief", they sent the wrong rifle! I had ordered the MOE version, which has the AR style buffer tube and sliding stock. The one in front of me was the MOEkov version which has the folding AK stock. Bummer!!!
                            I contacted them and am waiting for the return shipping label so my FFL guy can send it back and they can in turn send me the proper weapon.
                            I know you all are eagerly waiting my review, but you'll have to suck it up and wait a little longer.
                            Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Wow, sorry to hear that. I know how it feels, it has happened to me twice on ordered firearms. I hope the turnaround goes fast for you.

Comment

IMG_0491[1].JPG IMG_0492[1].JPG Alright, the AK once again arrived at my FFL guys shop and this time they succeeded in sending the right one. Seems we're in business! Got it home, read the brief manual, took it apart and cleaned off the factory gunk and lightly lubed it where recommended. Feels good and seems solid at first impression. Like the magpul furniture. Trigger is pretty good for a factory one, albeit this was only dry fire. Sights are not very compatible with my older eyes. I have a red dot with a side mount to alleviate that issue. Like the way the mags go in and eject. Simple and direct. With 1000 rounds of Wolf polyformance I am ready for the range. It's 19 degrees here in the WV hills this morning with a dusting of snow. Supposed to warm up later in the week and be nice next week. Will keep you informed.
                                Montani Semper Liberi

Comment

Working...
                                X