New Finnish Squirrel Gitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Finnish Squirrel Gitter

Tikka T1X 22 LR. I'm ready to give this rifle a whirl on the ultimate hunting challenge--organic limb chickens! I hate synthetic stocks, but that is the only flavor this Finlandic Wonder comes in. Truly, Sako is one of the great riflemakers and Tikka is no exception to their snow blowing contribution, just less expensive, but still has all the stuff a rifleman craves. Next week we will see how it performs. Although I have already whacked four crows, a feral cat and various other varmints with it. Squirrel hunting will give me a comparison with my other squirrel rifles.

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
    Although I have already whacked four crows, a feral cat and various other varmints with it. Squirrel hunting will give me a comparison with my other squirrel rifles.
    No pix, no trophies, FBN. Dang, I had to google Tikka to see what you're talking about. I didn't know if it was rapper or a pagan god of parasites.
    Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
      I didn't know if it was rapper or a pagan god of parasites.
      Too funny. I had a Tikka T3 in .300WSM for a bit. It was a nice shooter. Very well made.

"The kindest, most sensitive guy on the entire internet."

Comment

I had a Tikka superlight Stainless 270 Winchester,Nice Rifle ,nice trigger,3 shots rested shooting out of my truck into .80 inch with Federal,Win or Federal 130 Grain Ammo and Leopold 3x9 VX2 scope.
        Killed a few deer with it

Comment

Originally posted by PHMadness View Post

Too funny. I had a Tikka T3 in .300WSM for a bit. It was a nice shooter. Very well made.

Let me guess why you still don't have that .300 WSM. Way too small of a magnum caliber, right?

And FBN, enjoy your new Tikka, I agree it's well made.
          In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
            Let me guess why you still don't have that .300 WSM. Way too small of a magnum caliber, right?
            Nah. I got a good trade for it.
            I still have my Ruger Frontier M77 in 300WSM. Its 16" barrel blows nice fireballs at dusk. Makes piggies stop and flop.

Comment

What a riot, gunsane! How could you have never heard of Tikka? In Finnish, "Tikka" means "dart"...or "woodpecker". I'm gonna go with 'dart', but it shoots more like, well, like a Tikka. I have a Tikka T3 Hunter in .30-06. I have killed one buck and my son has killed a doe with it. Also an unfortunate raccoon. Here is a photo showing off the DNZ one-piece mount and rings (Rock Solid!)

Here's a look at the Talley one-piece mount and rings for the T1X 22 LR
              Just overlook the camo wrap and tape--I'm about to go into combat next week

Comment

Thinks for the photo. Nice.
                KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
                  What a riot, gunsane! How could you have never heard of Tikka?
                  I blame my Oklahoma upbringings. My dad wasn't big on hunting; he preferred to match wits with bass and crappie out of Lake Texhoma. I never really had the patience for hunting either. If there was no action after sitting dead still for ten minutes, I would've started target practice on trees or empty root beer cans from my lunch bag. The only time I heard "Tikka" it was always followed by "Tock."

When I got older and sensed the true purpose of the 2A, I started buying handguns over rifles, besides the mandatory .22 LR long gun. By then I was too old to run and bug out, so I got into carbines that eat handgun food and are good at short distances (like my house to the curb). In the event of a civil uprising, I'll stick to the guns I have and guard the women.

That is a sleek looking rifle, FBN.....and I'll ditto in faith what the other guys say here.
                  Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Those are both fine looking Tikkas FBN! My 300 was black synthetic like your 22.

Comment

Another nice thing about the Tikkas, both the Centerfires and the rimfires, is the relatively light weight. For their weight they are really excellent shooters for accuracy. I'm probably going to test the Tikka T1X on squirrels tomorrow morning, God willing.

Comment

This squirrel was giving me the eye so I took it.
                        This one lent me his ear.
                        This one just leaned into it.

Comment

NICE SHOOTING.
                          KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY

Comment

Never could get them to stay still long enough to do that kind of shooting. Darn good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X