Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ordered a new rifle. Prize goes to whoever can guess what it is.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordered a new rifle. Prize goes to whoever can guess what it is.

Can you guess what new rifle I ordered today?

Chey-Tac Intervention

http://cheytac.com

Comment

Congrats FBN.....as you know I have dementia, plus I never was very smart- Sooo, you should feel sorry for me and just send the gun to me anyway.
      Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

An official Red Ryder carbine action 200-shot-range model air rifle! .......and be sure to wear eye protection.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          An official Red Ryder carbine action 200-shot-range model air rifle! .......and be sure to wear eye protection.
          "You'll shoot your eye out kid!!!"
          W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
          NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
            Can you guess what new rifle I ordered today?
            LR-308 Carbine length....
            W.W.MT.D-----WHAT WOULD MICHAEL T DO?
            NRA GOLDEN EAGLE

Comment

These are all good guesses but I think Brojohn might get the prize if I were politically correct. But just to be totally honest (unlike politicians) dementia doesn't qualify. That is only because I am a hateful, homophobic, constitution-quoting Christian--so try not to be greatly offended or at least don't get your panties in a bunch This rifle I expect to be way cool--it won't arrive for a week so you guys have time to make more wild guesses-where is the unicorn emoji when you need it?

Comment

Originally posted by R.Ph. 380 View Post

LR-308 Carbine length....
                Ok, this is so cool, it may have to be my next purchase... wait, send me some money

Comment

So if it's real cool and fun then it must be a Henry .22

Comment

Ruger PC-9

In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017.

Comment

M200 intervention sniper rifle, .408 or .375 comes in at a whopping 31 pounds. Way out of my price range.
                      In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

I'm going to butt into your thread FBN ..... I just can't help it.... AND no guessing about my new firearm. I picked up a Ruger 44 Mag Carbine a few weeks ago. It has kinda been on my "watch out for one" list for a while. A guy on Michigan Gun Owners forum was looking for a quick sale and put it up for a reasonable price. I was quick to get back to him and picked it up later in the day.

IMG_7590 small.jpg

IMG_7594 small.jpg

The left target was 75 yds. The right was 50 yds. It was about 40 degrees out that day. The 3 vertical shots walked down from top to bottom .... maybe the barrel warming up? Maybe my hands getting cold? The trigger isn't very good ... probably 8+ lbs when I picked it up and 6 lbs after I cleaned it up and put a little KG10 on it. It is still jerky, sticky.... not sure the word I am looking for..... Other than "poor."

I was going to let you guess the price ..... but I already said NO guessing...... $450 with the scope. I'm happy.

Comment

Pondy: Not only is that Ruger 44 one of my "must have it someday" guns--but you got a really primo nice one too! I have a friend who has an old one and after shooting it--I really enjoyed much more than I thought I would. It was one of the reasons I started my son out on a pistol cartridge carbine for deer hunting. He's killed 4 deer with 357 Magnum before graduating to rifle cartridges.

Apart from being fairly minty condition, she seems to shoot about like you want one to shoot at 50 Yards. Hopefully a little wear will smooth out the trigger.

I have a deer stand where most of the shots are 50 yards and under and I would hesitate to throw some Federal Fusion Hollow Points in that Ruger and hunt with it. Why don't ya loan it to me?

Comment

Thanks for your kind words FBN! I would be happy to loan it to you. I'm not a hunter, I don't like killing things ..... but I like shooting stuff.

I was using 225 gr Hornady Levererlution. This ammo has run well in revolvers and runs great in my Rossi 1892, 16" barrel.

https://www.hornady.com/ammunition/h...erevolution#!/

I'm really happy with my purchase .... but I would like to smooth up the trigger somehow. The stock looks so perfect I'm sure it has been refinished. I'm not much of a target shooter but I'm thinking a better trigger and bedding the barrel would help quite a bit. These Ruger carbines are not noted for their accuracy but they are good enough for their intended purpose. One "minute of deer and hog" out to 80 - 90 yards!

Comment

I watched Hornady's Leverevolution video and all I can say is "Tubular, man!"

Comment

Working...
                              X