Stolen AR-15 Lowers Finally Recovered!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen AR-15 Lowers Finally Recovered!!

• Purchased 23 May 2019. I couldn't pass up the ATF spoof, sequential numbers and the selector switch nomenclature, for barely over a Bill including shipping and the transfer fees for both of em!!
    • Reported Stolen 15 November 2019
    • Detective Contacted me About Receivers Having been Pawned Mid March 2020
    • Went to court on 29 June 2020
    • Received "Order to Relinquish Property", to take to the Pawn Shop, mid July 2020
    • Went to Pick them up Today 31 July 2020
    • Pawn shop workers said it was obvious the couple was fried, they suspected the receivers were stolen but took the risk of taking a loss to get em off the street. I had never considered that angle before, I am now an ardent supporter of said policy.

magic.jpg

The meaning of life: To be happy and useful.

Congratulations!! Glad you got them back. I hear stories of police/prosecutors holding on to firearms forever. This is a good news story!

Comment

Great to hear this outcome. It doesn't always go this way.
      In memory of our Founder, Michael T. June 15, 1946 - February 26, 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Pond Scum View Post
        Congratulations!! Glad you got them back. I hear stories of police/prosecutors holding on to firearms forever. This is a good news story!
        I couldn't agree more, i think it worked to my benefit that they were in the pawn shops posession and not the police.

Comment

Originally posted by Reginald Carstairs View Post
          Great to hear this outcome. It doesn't always go this way.
          Thanks.
          I feel very fortunate to not have to carry the burden of wondering about the probable outcomes for the remainder of my existence.
          Last edited by Letereat; 08-02-2020, 01:16 AM. Reason: Spelling errors corrected

Comment

Working...
          X