I'm with the Band ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm with the Band ;)

Saw this Last February in one of the Pawn Shops I browse. I really really like a thumb-hole stock, plus its an Authentic Romak 991, with its original furniture and the mag well is not hogged out to take 30 round mags. Its takes single stack 10 round mags.
    I would never try to hide my rifle in a guitar case. However, just as I was about to walk out the girl said " Wait Wait, I forgot your case!" She rushed to the back, and came out with the Guitar case and two mags. When I stated the obvious she said, "well that's the case the guy who sold it had it in." That changed everything in my mind, I had to keep it that way. I call it my little Guitar.

Shot it yesterday at Shoot Point Blank for the first time. This target is my first four shots from a standing position , 40 Ft, 40 ft out. That is a Dead terrorist!!! If he was standing still of course, just looking at me....not shooting back....with no cover.

bandcloded1.jpeg bandopen.jpeg bandactive.jpg bandshoots.jpg
    Last edited by Letereat; 09-19-2020, 03:53 PM. Reason: 40ft not yards, lanes not that long
    The meaning of life: To be happy and useful.

Some love to steal guitars. Unless you have a Grateful Dead Sticker on your guitar case; then maybe Antifa or Black Lives Matter wouldn't steal it...but yeah, they probably would since they are hypocritical selfish bastards.

Comment

Now shoot that rifle with a rest so we can see what it can really do! Your offhand target is encouraging though; maybe that is good enough for you but with those results...the gun may be better than you expect. So test it rested and see for yourself and please post your results. For this type of high capacity rifle, that is pretty good.

Comment

I couldn't put tighter holes in paper even if they let me Shoot Point Blank.
        Never give the devil a ride. He will always want to drive.

Comment

Originally posted by gun sane View Post
          I couldn't put tighter holes in paper even if they let me Shoot Point Blank.
          Originally posted by FakeBersaName View Post
          Now shoot that rifle with a rest so we can see what it can really do! Your offhand target is encouraging though; maybe that is good enough for you but with those results...the gun may be better than you expect. So test it rested and see for yourself and please post your results. For this type of high capacity rifle, that is pretty good.
          I know, I about dumped a load when I pulled the target in, that why I took pics. Trouble with long range shooting, over 50 yards long is.....
          I finally had to get glasses and was so pumped to get to the range and be able to see the target. HOWEVER!!! When I put my glasses on, target looks great, BUT THE SIGHTS ARE A BLURRY GLOBBBY MESS!!. I think surgery is my only hope, someone did tell me that the right Eye Dr. can work some hoodoo voodoo magic and make the correction so both the sight posts AND the target are clear. Don't know if that's true or not. I need to get on that.

When I test it rested I will definitely post the results.

And I would never let my Little guitar be left alone in or out of its case.

P.S. How much did I pay? Full price. I had to have it!!!! $600.00 plus tax, they were going for $450.00 ish on GB at that time. I plopped down a bill and made small weekly payments over 6 months so it would feel like less, I was weak, like when you think a hot chick is flirting with you but she is really just jerking your chain. Of course the price is temporarily inflated now to $700.00 and even over $800.00
          Last edited by Letereat; 09-18-2020, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Don't know if it's true about both the sights & the target, but my doc asked what kind of lens I wanted. I said I want to hold my pistol at arm's length & get a clear sight picture without glasses. My eyes required different lens & he nailed it! Only need safety glasses at the range now. I suppose, using a different lens for each eye, could provide clear pic for both far & near.
            Think Green.......Recycle Congress

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Originally posted by mitchr View Post
              Don't know if it's true about both the sights & the target, but my doc asked what kind of lens I wanted. I said I want to hold my pistol at arm's length & get a clear sight picture without glasses. My eyes required different lens & he nailed it! Only need safety glasses at the range now. I suppose, using a different lens for each eye, could provide clear pic for both far & near.
              You had LASIK Surgery? I am gonna have to start a savings account.
              I just finished doing a bit of research and it is indeed something that an Optometrist can make adjustments for in corrective lenses. I am making an apt. On Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Letereat View Post
                You had LASIK Surgery? I am gonna have to start a savings account.
                I just finished doing a bit of research and it is indeed something that an Optometrist can make adjustments for in corrective lenses. I am making an apt. On Monday.

Wasn't LASIK. It was at the VA, so cataract surgery the old fashioned way.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Roger that. You are correct about making different adjustments for each eye....

"Information regarding left or right-hand shooting With this information, it is possible to prescribe a lens for your shooting eye that keeps the front sight clear and sharp. In the other eye, an optometrist would use a single vision distance correction, with or without a conventional lined bifocal."
                  From the web page of Dr Barry Nolt, Optometrist.

Comment

I had cataract surgery, too and it worked wonders. I'm back to seeing like I did 40 years ago. It was done here in Texas so I felt comfortable telling the doctor I wanted to be able to sight in on a target with a handgun - I sure wouldn't tell one in California that.
                    Certified Armed Infidel

Comment

'Course, how do you train one eye to watch the sight & the other the target? Give "dominate eye" a whole new meaning.

Certified Armed Infidel

Right Wing Extremist

Comment

Working...
                      X